Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Vanidhing aircraft

Guest hefy_jefy

Hi all,Haven't done much with AI in FS2004 but very impressed with the stuff from project AI, I have skies full of real aeroplanes, a great improvement!I think I understand what's needed to create a succesful flightplan but I have a problem with KSBP. I set up suitable gates for a UAL Beech 1900D that shuttles between KMRY and KSBP. Downloaded the correct textures, modified the aircraft.cfg, added the plane to the aircraft.txt file and everything compiles is TTools. I came across my Beech 1900D flying from KMRY and KSBP and it looks fine, followed it to KSBP, landed ahead of it and waited for it to land.After landing it disappeared, but I can't figure out why, the gates look OK (setup for UAL and UALX) the aircraft.cfg file also has UAL and UALX and I think the gate size is OK.The other, default AI stuff seems happy to land at KSBPHere's the line from FlightPlans.txtAC#886,N262GL,50%,4Hr,IFR,03:04:59,03:42:35,085,F,2246,KMRY,04:30:00,05:07:36,095,F,2245,KSBPAnd the aircraft.txtAC#886,265,"PAI B190 UAX"Any ideas? and is there any way to easily test something like this?Geoff

Guest Tony_A

The first thing that comes to mind is... was there a vacant gate? Even though you set up a gate for a particular airline and particular aircraft type, other AI aircraft will occupy it if thay get there before your AI aircraft. You may have to add a few more gates. Tony

Guest Captain Barfbag

A couple of other common problems:If this is a multi-runway airport, does the runway the plane is landing on connect to the appropriate gate? Also, is there a red hold-short node at EVERY runway intersection? When planes leave runways and don't encounter hold-short nodes they sometimes get lost. Have you checked the aircraft itself to verify that it's flagged as a UAL plane?I don't see anything wrong with the flightplan or aircraft.txt line, but these typically don't cause the kind of behavior you're reporting.

Guest hefy_jefy

Oh Dear!Apart from the dreadful spelling error...Dumb, Dumb, DUMB!This what made NASA miss Mars, the default units in AFCAD are ft, the drop down list of aircraft radii are in metres! All the parking spots were too small, eveything working fine now, thanks for the input.Another question: Is there any way yet to remove the signs that are now postioned in some case right across the taxiways!Thanks again all,Geoff

Guest Captain Barfbag

Can't help with the taxiway signs (I'm still back with FS2002 and my 1.8Ghz dinosaur) but AFCAD does have an option to display everything in metric units. The default is feet, but once you set it to meters it will remember and always use metric units.