Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyhi

HELP!!! Compiler corrupts my flightplans.txt file, does not compile

I have a grave problem with TTools:I start from a perfectly clean flightplans.txt file (from MRAI), but when I try to compile it I get bizarre error messages, usually the compiler points at some ICAO code and tells me "AC# expected".THen, when I check the flightplans.txt file I find that some ICAO codes have been corrupted. FOr instance, KLAX comes up as "KL^X" or EHAM would come up as E!AM, and so on. Can happen to any airport, with any weird signs. Sometimes it has to do with the flightplan.txt-file suddenly having a manual page break (I see that from a copy that I opened in MS WOrd).What can I do??? I have re-installed AITM and TTools several times, just cannot figure it out?Any hints? Which files do I need to delete to start from scratch in terms of AI?CheersChris

Have you tried downloading a new copy of Ttools and trying that?Have you tried changing your decimal separator from a comma (,) to a period (.)? Maybe it doesn't like a non-US format.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Captain Barfbag

MS Word? Hopefully, you only opened the file with Word and then quit out without saving. A Word DOC file would look pretty strange to TTools.How are you editing the Flightplan file? If you are using Notepad, you may be running up against its size limit, which on my machine happened around 23,000 plans. You can switch to Wordpad, which works just about the same and can handle larger files.Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but have you backed up your system lately? You may be seeing the beginning of the end for your hard drive.

No, of course I do not use the .doc-file in TTools. I use Wordpad, i.e. txt-format.I am using the Compiler that comes with AITM, which is version 1.3.3Size of the HD is not a problem, all I observe is that I start with a clean flightplans.txt file and after compilation I end up with a corrupted file. Wondering why, and I don't have a clue to solve it...Which files or settings influence the compiler when it is working? The three input files are OK.

Guest flyhi

Just fm my experience.First, word wrap at notepad should be disabled.Second, try to run collect airports once more.What i have done is to install MRAI once get the 3 MRAI files (airports/aircrafts/flightplans) and then uninstall it. Then i work with these 3 files (adding or modifying flightplans at the MRAI flightplan file either direct or through AITM) and i have no problem, everything works fine. When i want to add an airport or an AI plane i do it at the proper MRAI files.Finally when compilation time comes i choose the 3 MRAI files (left panel) and compile them to the MRAI flightplans file at fs.nikolas