Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyhi

Help with aircraft

Guest jmfabio

I am trying to get CFS2 aircraft to show as AI, but instead one of the default jets shows up. I have :1. change the aircraft name in the aircraft text to match the title in cfg.2. I have made sure the sound is aliased to a working aircraft.3. I have added items to the cfg, following an example of an aircraft that I have gotten to work.What I am I doing wrong and what must I do to fix this situation.Any and all help is appreciated.Joe

Hi,A few possibilities:1. You have a backup traffic file in the same folder that still ends with .bgl, and FS is using that instead.2. The radius of the B-25 is too large for your parking spots.3. You don't have enough parking spots at your airport and thus it doesn't have room to park.4. The times are GMT and you are looking at local time instead.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest jmfabio

Thanks for the reply Tom,Any fs9 aircraft shows, even my addon MAAM briefing time, even the corsair that I brought over from FS2002 shows. But when I try to use a CFS2 aircraft, the default Lear takes the place. For some reason FS9 is not recognizing the CFS2 aircraft. Any clue as to what is wrong?Thanks,Joe

Guest flyhi

Hello,I use cfs2 aircrafts too and there is no problem. What i could thing is that maybe - at the flightplans text file- you use the ac nr of the lear instead of the cfs2 plane. Or, you might try to check both aircrafts cfg files.Anyway, if you want name the plane you wish to use, i could check it in my machine and report you the results.Personally i use many ww2 planes, lately redone for fs9, downloaded fm flightsim.com ---> fs9 warbirds. Take a look.Havve a nice day, nikolas

Guest jmfabio

Nikolas,Thanks for the reply. Glad too hear that you love the WW2 warbirds also. I have an affinity for them, because three close relatives were in the USAAF during WW2. One was a B-17 pilot, one was a flight engineer, and another was a parachute rigger in the pacific.I think that the touble lies in the aircraft.cfg, I am interested in B24, B25, betty.Thanks,Joe

Guest flyhi

Hello Joe,You sould be proud of them. I had an uncle pilot during WW2. I am from Greece (live in athens) so he was at the Royal (at that time) Greek air force. Flying at Greece (of course !) and later (after the German occupation of the country) at north Africa, Middle East, Europe, Mediterranean sea. Hurricane and Spitfire. I love military history and especially aviations military history. WW1 and WW2 are my favourites !About the present. I copied all three aircrafts to fs9 without any modification of their files. Just copied. Created the ac# nrs, flightplans, compiled and they fly perfectly as AI Aircrafts as well.There is an attached image displaying them, B24 ready to take off, B25 and Betty holding on between Civil AI Aircrafts. Busy afternoon here in Athens (LGAT) ! I include all entries for the AI Configuration (propably you do not need it).Have a nice evening, nikolas.AC#AC#67,180,"B-25D Mitchell"AC#68,120,"B-24D Liberator"AC#69,200,"G4M2 Betty"FlightPlansAC#67,B25,1%,24Hr,VFR,09:59:46,10:59:42,050,F,0259,LGZA,12:29:53,13:30:00,350,F,0260,LGATAC#68,B24,1%,24Hr,VFR,09:59:46,11:22:12,050,F,0261,LGZA,12:59:56,14:22:23,350,F,0262,LGATAC#69,G4M2,1%,24Hr,VFR,09:59:46,10:55:08,050,F,0263,LGZA,13:30:00,14:25:22,350,F,0264,LGAThttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/63738.jpg

Guest jmfabio

Hello Nikolas,Sounds as though you are pretty proud too! If it where not for them and others like them, things would be vastly different. I appreciate the help and will give it a try as soon as I am done writing. The screen shot is GREAT! I will report back.Pleasant flying,Joe

Guest jmfabio

Hi Nikolas,They work great!!!!! No telling what i was doing for them not to show. But I see them now and am off to fly formation.Thanks again and best wishes.Joe

Guest flyhi

Hello Joe,sorry for the delayed responce. I had to do -urgently- a business trip for a few days which kept me away fm my hobbies !I am glad that works fine now.Anytime, have a nice day,nikolas/athens/greece