Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Stationary Planes

Guest Woody_woods_2004

I am relatively new to ttools and have been adding some planes and textures etc for some airports. I have plenty of parking space and also plently of runway length, started doing them at heathrow but:The planes appear, but never taxito the runway and take off.Why is this? I even substituted the plane for a standard original plane but still it never taxied and took off. Any help would be appreciated greatly. JHere is one of the flight plans I ised and the one I tested to see if it works...which it doesnt.AC#423,CS-TEI,10%,WEEK,IFR,6/14:38:54,6/16:46:31,150,F,5156,EGLL,6/18:09:19,6/20:16:56,170,F,5157,LPPTThe plane is a Air Portugal A320, if that helps?

Hi,1. Are you compiling this into a traffic file and putting in the same place as the default file?2. Are you checking on a Saturday? - that's Day 6 as I remember.3. Are you checking using GMT times and not local times (all times are GMT).Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Woody_woods_2004

Yeah cheers that works now. It was something actually with my computer, a little virus protection hiccup that doesnt allow modification to config files. I was wondering though. Do you know how o get the atc to call the airline and the flight number. For me they just seem to be calling the flight number even though i have the atc_airline: field assigned a name.

Hi,I am assuming that Air Portugal is not one of the default airline phrases included in FS2004. So, you'll need to download and install EditVoicePack 3 from http://bevelstone.xs4all.nl/FlightSimulator/EditVoicepack/Then:1. Do the web update to get the latest phrases.2. Use the Update Airlines.cfg File menu choice to get a list of all the airlines in the Select Aircraft/Change ATC menu (and in the airlines.cfg file, located in your AIRCRAFT folder).3. Edit your plane's aircraft.cfg file (if needed, or use the Change ATC menu) to get the correct entry for Air Portugal.Keep in mind that many airlines do not use the airline name as their callsign, so you might have to do some detective work to find it (links on the Editvoicepack site). For example, America West is called "Cactus".Hope this helps,