Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tony_A

New to AFCAD and am having a problem with active runways

Guest Keith4229

I am using AFCAD V1.4 and FS2K2. I decided to start with a small change to KSFO. The default active is RWY28R. I decided to have RWY28R for landings and RWY28L for takeoffs. I selected the properties for RWY28R and closed off takeoffs for both ends of the runways. Once I started FS2K2 and it was resycn'd ATC stated that RWY28L was now used for takeoffs and landings. I then shutdown RWY28L for landings and ATC then stated that RWY19L was being used for takeoffs and landings. Did the same adjustments on RWYs 19L&R and ATC was back at RWY28R. I've run the .bgl and airport checking utilities and everything is fine.What am I doing wrong. The user manual makes me think this was one of the easy adjustments. Hmmm.Thanks,Keith

Guest Keith4229

Never mind.... I just did a flight and apparently ATIS still says that the active airport runway is 28R, but ground control routes you out on 28L, and I waited to see if a landing flight would be routed to 28R and it did. So somehow ATIS can't give two runways .... I guess.Keith

Guest Captain Barfbag

That's been my experience with FS2K2 ATIS as well. Ignore it, and just pay attention to Ground and Tower.

Guest Tony_A

There doesn't seem to be too much rhyme or reason to how FS9 assigns active runways. I was watching a bit of AI traffic a few days ago and was looking at YNRM (Narromine, N.S.W. Aust) - I have added nothing to this airport so I'm talking about the FS9 stock airport and GA traffic.A Cessna 172 and a Beech King Air approached within minutes of one another. The Cessna landed on the longest asphalt runway ( makes sense so far) but the King Air landed on the grass glider strip beside the asphalt runway the proceeded to turn onto the asphalt runway to use it as a taxiway????I opened YNRM in AFCAD2 and the glider strips are closed to take-off and landing and don't have start locations. In fact they dont have nodes of any sort - no connecting lines, runway lines or anything that you normally need for an AFCAD2 runway to be available to AI aircraft???? Beats me!!! Tony