Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tony_A

Help with yroute

Guest Keith4229

I am having a problem with yroute. I have been trying to add a route to an aircraft. However, when I attempt this in yroute, it starts with a default routing. Once I change the routing and click on OK, the routing reverts back to the default routing. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I wish (no matter how much the programmer seems to think his software is idiot proof) that a manual was provided. Thanks for any help.Keith

Guest Tony_A

Hi Keith, Saw your post a few days ago but did not reply waiting on someone who may have had a simpler answer. I use YRoute and have always had trouble adding or changing flights. I have found that changing only one item at a time then clicking OK, reopening then changing the next item, then clicking OK....... and on and on until I get the result I want works OK in the end. All new flights open with the same departure time and arrival time for the first let but changing the departure time doesn't seem to adjust any following legs. So I set a departure time for the first leg which adjusts the arrival time but leaves the original departure time for the second leg unchanged. So I then go back and adjust the departure time for the 2nd leg to whatever I need. Multiple legs are a pain, as you have found out, this is a program that shows great promise but is by no means easy to use. I still haven't worked out a simple step by step process that works every time. I keep reading about how AITM is great for working your AI but so far I haven't been able to get it to even show my current AI so I just keep plugging away with YRoute... Tony

Guest Top Gun

I use yroute all the time. For some reason when I try to add the first route it always has issue. I will go back into it and then edit back to everything I have previously set.It then will take, from then I always just copy and then change everything and that saves no problem

Guest Keith4229

Thanks for the feedback. I downloaded ATIM, but as was mentioned it doesn't seem to be to tool to just add or modify single flight plans. I just installed Visual Basic and will now attempt to put this Computer Science degree to some use. If I get anything that works (simply) I'll post. Thanks again.Keith

It's very easy to do that with AITM. Open a flight plan file, go to the Export/Search Tab, and click the Add button to add a new flight. Dialog box opens and you add the flight. To use an aircraft not yet on the list, you first need to go to Tools/FlightPlan Aircraft Editor and add it to the list.To edit a flight just enter your search criteria, click the Search button, find the flight in the list, and double click it. Same FP Edit dialog box comes up.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I'm having the same problem,no matter what I do,It reverts back to the start. Looking for the answer.

I'm having the same problem,no matter what I do,It reverts back to the start. Looking for the answer.

Guest Tony_A

What I do is set up a 2 leg flight then close it. Reselect the airport or aircraft and select the flight in the top window then click edit and change the flightplan legs one at a time ( you will have to cheange the departure time of the 2nd and subsequent legs, as the program doesn't seem to do it) then add legs etc... It's an annoying way to heve to do it but it produces usable flightplans. Tony

:D As I posted earlier,I had the same problem,I now type in my own flt. plan, found it is much easier.