Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Repaint Removal Program?

Guest 99norman

G'day, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a program that can easily remove AI repaints. I want to get rid of repaints that aren't being used. I could do it manually, but I

Guest Captain Barfbag

Why remove them? They aren't hurting anything if you aren't using them. If you're worried about disk space, you can leave the aircraft.cfg entries even if you delete the texture files. As long as you don't use them, they're no problem.

They do use up some space, since the loading of the flight simulator gets longer and longer with each addition of aircraft, scenery, etc. Remember how fast the flight simulator started prior to adding all those new Airline specific AI?Project AI (Frank Bass) made a small utility called Renum for just this purpose. Visit Project AI http://www.projectai.com/libraries/ufiles.php?cat=8 near the bottom.W. Sieffert

Guest 99norman

Thanks for the link, i'll go check it out now.Michael

Guest Captain Barfbag

Slow loading can be helped somewhat by making the aircraft "AI Only." You need the AirEd program to do this. I just live with it, because I like to be able to select the aircraft after I've installed them to verify that they show up, and the ATC calls are correct. If you don't care about this capability, then setting the "Aircraft Type" to 2 will cause FS to not load it when you open the "select aircraft" dialog.