Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

A1 and ttools

:-hmmm How can you check to see if your flt plan is in the fs?.I cannot get yroute to compile, so i entered it by hand. ttools compiled ok, without any indication of error. the aiport has 4 gates, the craft do not showup. If the plan is in fs,will the plane be sitting at the airport all of the time, or will it show up just before the time of the flight?

Guest Captain Barfbag

Each line of the flightplans.txt file represents one plane, and that plane should always be somewhere. If it's supposed to be flying, it will be, and otherwise it will be on the ground. However...To be on the ground, there must be a suitably-sized gate. If not, the plane will not show up at all, until it's supposed to be at the other airport. If there's a suitable gate there, the plane will appear, but after it lands at the airport without a gate it will vanish again.The timing is well-defined, but not always obvious until you've been doing this for a while. First, all times are in GMT, not local time. Second, the first airport ICAO in the line represents an arrival, not a departure.The plane also needs to be in the aircraft.txt file, and the plane's name in that file must match a plane in the FS200x/aircraft folder. If you think this may be your problem, try substituting a stock aircraft to see if that one shows up.AI Traffic Mover by Thomas Molitor (usually called AITM) is another TTools front end that picks up some of these problems. It's a small download, it's free, and it lets you do other things like edit aircraft parameters. It will also catch the problem of an aircraft that's defined in aircraft.txt but is not in your hanger. It has a "timetable" function that displays all traffic at a given airport, but remember that the timetable works directly off the flightplans.txt and aircraft.txt files, not directly from the FS files.

If you are running FS9, you need the TrafficToolbox SDK from MS. If you place the TrafficToolbox.dll in the FS modules folder, you will get a menu item "Tools" in FS9. Clicking on this gives you the option of a map view or explorer window. The map view is pretty useless, however, the explorer view will show all of your AI traffic in the area and their states.George

:7 looking up! Thanks Captain & GHD for your replies. I do have the req'd gates. Three fs a1 planes use my ap. 2 dash 8 100, 1 cessna 208 amphib. the plane I am trying to use is the fs cherokee 180. I am using fs9,I have AITM but it is for fs2002. never found an up date for fs9. ac log in yroute indicates a problem with this file MSINET.OCX. would this have anything to do with my prob?.THanks a bunch I now have a few things to try.

rudder,MSINET.OCX is an ActiveX control to allow access to the internet. It should be included in your OS. Presumably yRoute uses this to check for updates.Try a Google/MS search for MSINET.OCXGeorge

:-mad Hi george,downloaded traffic ,Nice,but still no airplane.This is my procedure. Hope you can find something I am doing wrong! a. Open up ttools flight plans with notepad. b. Type in my flight plan. Save. c. Compile with ttools ( no errors presented ) d. Check fs 9 & toolbox. no plane?? F/P AC#51,N3502R,10%,2HR,VFR,20:15:00,TNG21:15:00,17,F,0000

rudder,Are you using the default airports and aircraft text files or are you using separate files compatible with your flightplans?George

:-eek Hi George,using all default material. today I reinstalled fs9 and ttools no change.I then reinstalled fs2002, ttools worked fine I even copied the local a.p. from fs9 to 2002.worked fine.I am begining to think something in ttools is not working with fs9.THanks for your help.

rudder,I use separate files for my add-on flight plans and have had no problems with TTools and FS9. You could try setting up the airports, aircraft and flightplans files for your specific flightplan rather than use the whole of the default files.George

:-hmmm Something I could try George,I thoght ttools needed to decompile before it would work. May'b you could show me how to set up sep. files.I think now my wife is right,( I AM A IDIOT )Thanks have a good day.

Rudder,Here are the 1 line contents of each of the files, using your example above:airports_rudder.txt (obtained from the originall extracted airports):KOKV,N39* 8.61',W78* 8.66',725aircraft_rudder.txt (obtained from the originally extracted aircraft):AC#51,124,"Piper Cherokee 180"flightplans_rudder.txt (obtained from your post)AC#51,N3502R,10%,2HR,VFR,20:15:00,TNG21:15:00,17,F,0000,KOKV,20:45:00,TNG21:15:00,17,F,0000,KOKVThe attached pics show the TTools window (select File/User defined source file) and the result in FS9 using Tools/Traffic toolbox/ExplorerHope this helps,Georgehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/72022.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/72023.jpg

:-bang Well george,I did as you suggested, sep traffic folder with the aircraft, flightplan and airport files. It compiled and I found a bgl file in the folder but nothing in fs9.I did not know what to do with the bgl, so I copied it into both of the world and add on scenery ( not together ) still nothing showed up ????? If you decide to devorce yourself from this item I will understand. Thanks for your help

Pimwa,TTools should have placed it for you in Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldscenery as long as you had the correct output path selected, see my first screenshot.GeorgeBy the way, you did have GA traffic checked in your Options/Traffic and you did have the percentage traffic set to more than 10% didn't you?

:-cool George you can pat yourself on the back,if you lived near me I would buy you dinner, after your last post I re- done everything, and ttools sent the bgl to my fs. I still could not find the planes.I noticed that all of the planes shown in the toolbox were IFR ,after more investigation I found the settings in the toolbox, only THE IFR box was checked. bingo my planes showed up, without your help I would still be looking. Maybe others might learn from my experience. thanks again.