Sign in to follow this  
basher

AI Traffic Causes FS2002 to Hang Up

Hi,I seem to have a frequent problem when FS2002 is loading up, it gets to the loading AI Traffic and then there is a lot of hard disk activity. Everything then stops and I then get the message that FS2002 has stopped, do I want to re-start, etc.When I set AI traffic to 0%, I don't get the problem.Has anybody else had the same problem and if so, how did they solve it?

Have you installed addon AI Traffic? If so, the traffic.bgl file may be corrupted. Open Windows Explorer to drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBATCScenery and see if you have a file labelled traffic_ORIGINAL.bbb. If so, rename the traffic.bgl file to traffic_MODIFIED.bbb and rename traffic_ORIGINAL.bbb to traffic.bgl.Restart FS2002 and see if the problem is corrected. If so, the MODIFIED file is probably corrupted. If not, rename the files to their original names.If the above didn't fix your problem, you may have other corrupted scenery files. Download and install AFCAD140.zip. Once installated, start AFCAD, select File, Scan BGL Files for problems... and see if it finds any corrupted files.Ensure you have default.dp in your drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002aircraft folder.W. Sieffert

I am afraid that I expressed my problem to simplistically.I am very used to generating AI traffic in FS2002 and I have been using TrafficBoard to control/generate the AI Traffic.The problem that I have is that at specific areas, I get this problem of FS2002 hanging up as it loads the AI traffic.For example, today I flew from Washington National to Detroit.The only way that I could FS2002 to run at KDCA was to have the AI traffic set to zero. Otherwise the FS2002 would stop as it loads up the AI traffic, and I get the usual invite to send a message to Microsoft.However, at Detroit, I get no hangups, even with AI Traffic set to 100%.Please help - has anybody else had this problem, and if they did, how did they fix it?I look forward to hearing from you.Best regards,Peter

Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions other than what I suggested above.W. Sieffert

Guest Tony_A

Hi Pete, I don't profess to be any sort of an expert but will try to help you sort out your problem by saying that that you are more than halfway there when you say that you approach it in a simple way. There is one thing in what you have added that is causing the problem. It seems to be, from what you have said, that it could be as simple as a texture on one of the AI aircraft you have added. I have found that when you get a problem with a particular area in FS that it is usually something in the way that you are asking the FS to display what you want onto your screen, no matter how good it is. Forget FPS and related #### artist to #### artist stuff. Many users of lesser systems get "acceptable" framerates for their systems and really don't give a stuff about who or how counts the biggest, brilliant best system possible. Now, the nitty gritty way to work out any problem with any program that starts playing up. Take out the latest thing you have added, read the installation instructions, if they are obvious #### disregard them, if not, try the FS to see if it works. Add the aircraft, scenery or whatever again and then try it out.If it works, no questions, queries, or regrets. LEAVE IT ALONE..If it don't .. start working back through what you have added one at time......Tony

>Hi Pete,> I don't profess to be any sort of an expert but will try to>help you sort out your problem by saying that that you are>more than halfway there when you say that you approach it in a>simple way. There is one thing in what you have added that is>causing the problem. It seems to be, from what you have said,>that it could be as simple as a texture on one of the AI>aircraft you have added. I have found that when you get a>problem with a particular area in FS that it is usually>something in the way that you are asking the FS to display>what you want onto your screen, no matter how good it is.>Forget FPS and related #### artist to #### artist stuff. Many>users of lesser systems get "acceptable" framerates for their>systems and really don't give a stuff about who or how counts>the biggest, brilliant best system possible.> Now, the nitty gritty way to work out any problem with any>program that starts playing up. Take out the latest thing you>have added, read the installation instructions, if they are>obvious #### disregard them, if not, try the FS to see if it>works. Add the aircraft, scenery or whatever again and then>try it out.>>If it works, no questions, queries, or regrets. LEAVE IT>ALONE..>>If it don't .. start working back through what you have added>one at time......Tony >TonyI don't think you are allowed to say #### on this forum..Regards