Sign in to follow this  
Guest flflight

TNG and Return Flight

Guest flflight

Is this possible?Plane takes off from Airport A, comes up to Airport B and does T&Gs. After done, still in air, returns to Airport A.

Guest in_04

Havent checked this, but if the arrival time of leg One is very near (within 1 minute) of leg Two (The flight home) it could work.You must make two legs, one for the flight from A to B with T&G and the second for flight from B to A. Compute the flighttime from A to B and add 5 minutes for T&G's. The second flight should start at 6 minutes plus flighttime and it should work.

Guest Top Gun

you don't need 2 legs, you can download Yroute and it has a touch and go box, just click it. I use it for IFR military patterns either at my home base or planes leaving their home base and flying to another local for some pattern work.Here's what the flight plan looks like.AC#555209,80140,2%,24H,IFR,22:30:00,TNG23:35:00, 100 ,F,141,KNBG,23:50:00,00:54:12, 100 ,F,141,KBADI'm sure you can do it by hand but I find it much easier using Yroutehttp://www.spacejock.com/yRoute.html

Guest in_04

Hi Dave,the plane didn't land at KNBG, doin'g only T&G? I thought that 15 minutes should be enough separation to land. Need too check this.Also did the plane make normal pattern flights? I see it is IFR. Thought that IFR planes will do go arounds and get IFR vectors again for landing?Next question is the AC Number seems to be very high, I thought only numbers up to 65535 are allowed?Last youre plan contains two legs, one from KBAD too KNBG and one from KNBG back to KBAD. The AI flying in FS2004 will not work without the 'roundtrip', so every flightplan contains at least two legs.I don't know if you know the 'GA-Traffic' program from me? I plan to make a similar program for military traffic and search for knowledge able people to help defining the needed features and so on. Do you intrested in this? If yes please come to the new developer forum, or send me a e-mail.Thanks in advance.

Guest Top Gun

Sorry, Markus I see what you meant now about 2 legs. Of course you would need 2 legs, stupid of me not to catch that mistake.I believe you are right about the IFR/VFR flights. VFR will do actual TnG's while IFR does low approaches. I tend to always put IFR because if the weather is bad VFR flights won't go up.regarding the AC numbers, I'm not sure what the limit is. We've used high numbers in alot of our packages to make sure they don't over lap with other people's packages. So far everything works ok.I haven't used your GA program but I'm interested in hearing about your military one in the works.

I hope this is also of some help. I noticed your FP altitude is 10,000 ft. If you go with a VFR TNG then 010 or 015 works well. I find that VFR FP's are ok if the land is flat. However, IFR does work and as long as the airport has a LOC/GP the controller will vector the plane more precisely then if VFR.All my Military TNG's are between 5,000 to 9,000 ft AGL (never at 10,000 or above agl) then ATC has plenty of time to bring them to the AAF prior to the outermarker fix. VFR downwind legs can be in excess of 25 miles where as IFR is using the precision approach if the airport has one and normally thats only about 8 to 15 mile downwind.One other item of interest is if you are on a VFR FP make sure there are no mountains within a radius of 30 miles from the airport. If you set the pattern altitude to 1500 ft., the plane won't return once it buries itself into the mountain.

Guest Top Gun

>One other item of interest is if you are on a VFR FP make sure>there are no mountains within a radius of 30 miles from the>airport. If you set the pattern altitude to 1500 ft., the>plane won't return once it buries itself into the mountain. >thanks for that info Jim.Funny you mentioned the above. If you fly into Burlington KBTV on a low IFR you will go right through a mountain peak. That's what made me go a little higher in some area's.

Guest flflight

>I don't know if you know the 'GA-Traffic' program from me? I>plan to make a similar program for military traffic and search>for knowledge able people to help defining the needed features>and so on. Do you intrested in this? If yes please come to the>new developer forum, or send me a e-mail.>I've had nothing but problems with that. It also put non-ga traffic and military traffic into my GA-Traffic.

Guest in_04

Hi Matt,you mean you have problems with my program 'GA-Traffic'?Could you describe the problems more? Maybe come to My forum in here on AVSIM and we could solve the problems.I will do nearly anything to make 'GA-Traffic' working :-)

Guest flflight

>Hi Matt,>you mean you have problems with my program 'GA-Traffic'?>Could you describe the problems more? Maybe come to My forum>in here on AVSIM and we could solve the problems.>I will do nearly anything to make 'GA-Traffic' working :-)>Yes with your program. Okay, I'll post over there if I can find it.