Sign in to follow this  

New "AUTOGEN used with Eddie Denney's "Real Scene" Mesh

jerrycwo4Yesterday I tried to install the new AUTOGEN download on my computer. I had already installed Eddie Denny's "Real Scene Terain Mesh Scenery" for the USA, but I didn't see any differance AFTER installing the AutoGen. I'm not sure that I installed the AutoGen correctly, but after seeing NO differance ( in USA), I uninstalled it.Has anyone tried the AutoGen over the top of Eddie's mesh scenery?Please advise. Thanksjerry

The two addon's are unrelated, and shouldn't have any conflict. The mesh is elevation data, while the autogen is the common buildings and trees. I assume you're speaking of Autogenius? If you use the default textures, you should see more accurately placed buildings and vegetation. More of them, too. If you don't have your autogen display slider up high, you probably won't see a great difference.Just to make sure, did you install the autogen correctly? The .agn files go into the FS2002ScenedbWorldTexture folder. They remain there even if you've globalized the textures by putting them in the FS2002Texture folder.

jerrycwo4Thanks for the reply and the good info. yes, that is wher I put the files but:1. I dont have my slider for autogen at 100% ( I think its about 60-70 %).2. I have a number of add on textures from a lot of people for sun, moon, water, trees bushes etc. Don't know if these effected them or not. I'm going to try to reload the AutoGens again after I post this. Would you give me a location where I shouls really see a differance and after I load it, I'll go ther and compare 'screenshots' Thanks.jerry

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Take a test drive from LIPB to LOWI as was suggested in an earlier thread. I did and the difference is absolutely remarkable. Almost like two different sims.I have several copies of Fs2002 on my hard drive. One of which has no addons. I use that to test my sceneries. The other one is loaded with a lot of goodies. All my sliders are maxed on this Dell P4 2Gig machine with 512 ram and GeForce3/64 meg VC. No frame rate hit with lots of extra detail.Some locations show no difference at all that I can discern. Also, tried it in CFS2 --- it doesn't work there.This Autogenuis is worth the effort!!Ric.

>2. I have a number of add on textures from a lot of people >for sun, moon, water, trees bushes etc. Don't know if these >effected them or not. Sorry, I meant land textures.

Guest slydon

I can't find autogenius in a search. Where is it? Don

jerrycwo4"The two addon's are unrelated, and shouldn't have any conflict. The mesh is elevation data, while the autogen is the common buildings and trees."OK, Lets add one more item to the mix.In Italy I now have:1. The AUTOGENIUS 2.Italy LandPac v33. Italy GALA meshWhat's the differance between #2 & #3?jerry

I just found this out the other day in the screenshot forum -- As mentioned before, the mesh is elevation data: hills, mountains, valleys, etc. The Italy landpack is a landclass for Italy and some of southern Europe.In case the next question is "What is a landclass?" -- It's basically a map that tells FS what textures to put down: where to put city textures, farmland, snow, rocks, et al.

Ahh! Ric. If only we could burn our FS2002 directory toa DVD.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest slydon

I downloaded autogenius but have not installed yet. Has anyone tried this for the scenery in the United States? and, if so, what was the results? Don

jerrycwo4I took a flight over Chicago and it seemed that the houses were linned up on the street better. I also have FS2002 on another compuetr WITHOUT the Autogenis on it, so I'm going to try to compare screen shots at the same location. I'l post them when I do it.jerry