Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ralf Maylin

Creating static aircrafts using TT

Guest Ralf Maylin

I have built a huge AI traffic and had big fun doing so, but meanwhile it starts to kill my flying activities, too much traffic on taxiways and no chance of landing without the "go arround" command from ATC. So I started to fly with AI traffic disabled and reactivated static aircrafts of my add on sceneries. These often look ugly, I would like to add "my own" static aircrafts using the same fine models from AIA, FSP etc. I'm no scenery designer, my idea is to write flightplans that "don't work", I'd like to have planes sitting at the gate that don't move. Does anybode know a command line for flightplans.txt that makes a plane sitting at the gate the whole day? Thanks for your help,Ralf

Basically, you have the aircraft fly when you are not at the computer, i.e., sleeping. They then are asleep when you are normally at the computer.All's well and good, you say! Not so! Even if the aircraft are asleep, they take processing time just like any other piece of scenery.The other way to add static aircraft is to find static aircraft library objects that can be placed in the scenery. These aircraft objects have to use less scenery processing. This is done by limiting the overall detail. The downside is these objects look blocky up close.W. Sieffert

Guest Top Gun

you could also make your flight plans weekly and have them fly at night or early morning. This way 6 days out of the week they park and the other day they fly at late night or early morning when your not on.

Guest Ralf Maylin

Thanks for your input, gentlemen.I created weekly flightplans for the "static" aircrafts, they fly their nonsense-routes on Monday and will sit peaceful at the airport for the rest of the week. All I have to do is fly anytime but Monday.The attached picture shows Menorca, Spain.Making the flightplns, reworking the AFCAD file and assigning the gates took less than 30 minutes. Ralf