Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob Z

Okay its time for honesty....

Guest pks1414

I've been buggering about with TTools, GA Traffic etc. I thought that everything was returned to normal and then I noticed that all of my AI planes seem to be flying in pairs, or certainly very close together. They are so close in some instances that at first I thought that FS9 was simply duplicating the name of the aircraft on screen, then I saw the other plane tucked in behind.Any ideas how best to get everything back to normalThanks

Guest dfreed

You probably have duplicate flight plans. Thomas Molitor has a freeware program called AI Traffic Mover (AITM) that includes a "remove duplicate flight plans" utility. Here's the URL to get the programhttp://www.molitor-home.de/fs/AITM/AITM is a great tool for AI management. It has a bit of a learning curve, but it's well worth it.

Guest Bob Z

Or duplicate or semi-duplicate traffic bgl's in your FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery folder.I agree with the comments about AITM.

Guest pks1414

Thats cured now thanks. I have another question though. I have used the stock Cessna as one of my AI planes from my Airfield and it doesn't half hit the frame rates. Is there anything that can be done about that?

Guest Bob Z

The default GA's didn't cut my frame rate in half, but they are certainly not very FPS friendly.Do a search on 'imagetool' in the General Discussion forum and look at the thread called 'GA Traffic Impact on FPS'. It's about the 4th one in the list. Particularly post #12 by Kurt M.I have implemented all or part of Kurt's suggestions depending on the characteristics of each aircraft and my personal tastes and it works extremely well. You will see an FPS and jerkiness improvement.This works for downloaded AI as well, but be careful because a few of them do not convert to DXT1 very well. If this is the case you'll notice it as soon as it converts. Don't save the converted bmp.There is also a thread in the PAI forum, I think it's PAI, that discusses making a copy of the stock GA folders to use as your AI and removing the dashboard panels and any unnecessary textures such as headsets, etc, which I also have done. I don't know if I can find the thread again but I'll try.You will probably get more responses and more people will see them if you continue your posts on the above mentioned thread and forum.