Sign in to follow this  

Fouga Magister

Guest Twister

Hi,I just wanted to share my excitement and admiration for this amazing add-on.The designers of this baby did an excellent job - a real masterpiece in my opinion.The photo-realsitic panel and gauges are top-notch, the virtual cockpit (with the beautiful light reflections on the canopy) is definitely first-class, the external model is a work of art !I generally do not like to fly military jets in FS2k2, but this one is definitely an exception.I've never had the privilege to hold the stick in a real Fouga, but a friend of mine did its basic training on it and he has confirmed the accuracy of the flight model.In short - an excellent package which proves that non-commercial packages can still be up to the highest standards.Thumbs up and a BIG thank you !Twister

jerrycwo4Ok, so please give us a "link" thanks jerry

Guest Twister

It can be found easily in the AVSIM library.twister

Hi Twister,I agree this is a great Freeware add-on that users will be very happy to add.More great work by Freeware designers, Kari Virtanen - Mike Hambly - Brahim Rhoul -And Mikko Maliniemi.It is very motivating to see such high quality work like the Falcon and The Fouga for MSFS2002, and the TBM 700 for Fly!II.Freeware developers rock. :-) Thanks folks..Regards,Joe :-wavePS - And for Jerry, who's browser does not allow a simple search for the word Fouga in the library, here is a link. ;-) ;-) JK with ya Jerry. :-)http://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...=Root&Go=Searchhttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

After reading how pleased everybody was with this plane,I downloaded it...WOW!Most beautiful fighter type airplane I've flown in FS2002.Really awesome, especially the cockpit from external view.What slightly disappoints me though is the cockpit interiorand panel. Not up to quite the same level as the outside.However, panels etc are a special art. Would be really,really awesome if another guru created a panel on the orderof the awesome MiG-21 from captain.sim. I guess weare getting so spoiled!!!Simply fantastic though guys.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

jerrycwo4Thanks for the link. It does make it a lot easier for everybody. I'm afraid I have pretty bad luck 'searching for things', so if you know the link, why not post it and help out everybody? I alway do, when I know it. Thanks again. I'll check it out.jerry

Speaking of "piece of art", sim wise, I don't remember anything that I've downloaded with better exterior graphics than this one! With my 22" monitor, I can see all the lettering, art work, panel lines, & rivets in great detail. Same goes for the exterior view of the cockpit with the two pilots. Very well done!!!!L.Adamson

I, too, love this plane. It's great to fly and when it's up in the air, the rudder works well. On the ground, though, I can't seem to steer it. Is this a problem I'm having, or are you all having the same problem? Stan

quick hit's of the F11 & F12 keys for differential braking until rudder takes effect. L.Adamson

Doesn't look too bad on my 12" set at 1600x1200 either.

StanThe real one needs speed before the rudder becomes effective so you rely on differential braking and as Larry said F11 and F12Peter

Thanks for the response. Seems my F11 key is more responsive than my F12 (right turn). That's not the case for other aircraft that utilize these keys. Wonder if there's a way to tweak the sensitivity of the steering so that both keys are effective? Stan

Peter,You're right to mention the sounds! You can almost feel the engines spooling up under your butt!

>I, too, love this plane. It's great to fly and when it's up >in the air, the rudder works well. On the ground, though, I >can't seem to steer it. Is this a problem I'm having, or are >you all having the same problem? > Stan There is quite good information about Fouga, after installation you can find Readme.html in your FS2002AircraftFouga Finn folder.