Sign in to follow this  
Guest alan-i

TTools Aircraft

Guest alan-i

I have recently downloaded ARNZ AI AIRBUS TWINS to inject a bit of reality into traffic at my local airport. One texture (MY TRAVEL) installed as oer readme guide,two others (Air Malta & Easyjet) I was able to insert into the AIRBUS TWINS folder created in FS aircraft. Each of these appears OK when selected in FS 2004,but I cannot get them to function as AI traffic. I added MY TRAVEL to TTools aircraft file,first using name as config entry,but no joy. The flightplan is OK as it worked fine when I substituted a default FS aircraft.I then tried various names, starting with AIRBUS TWINS in which all the downloads are placed, without success. I note that you suggest only using aircraft designed for AI, so hoped these would be OK. I also tried to use an existibg PNDG aircraft, but this also failed. Can anyone please help?alan-i

You cannot guess the name. The name in the airports.txt file must be the full string from the title= record in the aircraft.cfg enclosed in double quotes, eg:AC#4000,200,"McDonnell Douglas F-15A MA ANG 77102 (SINGLE) AI"George

Guest alan-i

Hi George,Thanks for reply, but I've done that without success. Problem is there are several models and several textures in one folder, all on one config file, so a link in the path is missing. FS finds them under manufacturer, listing the variants, but it does not work for TTools. This package is specifically AI traffic, so there must be a way. There is a similar (bigger) pack of NG Boeings with the same setup. I've also tried the author, and await comment from him.Alan

>Problem is there are several models and several textures in one>folder, all on one config file.In the .cfg file, each variant is under a {fltsim.n} section and each will have a title= record. Use the title= string for the appropriate version (they should all be different).George

Guest alan-i

Thanks, I've now got one of these up and running. Problem was, I took an underscore to be the same as a space, so hopefully I can now sort the othersAlan