Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Afcad2.21 : need some words.

Guest Air Europa

Hi ,A week ago I downloaded the Afcad2.21.But , it is too complex and I need some words of help.Where have I to install this file in FS2004 ?Which planes have I to use to get some AI-planes in my sceneries ?Is it allowed to use it in add-ons ?Is there a difference between Afcad and 'www.projectai.com' ?Is there a very good and detailed tutorial ?I'm very sorry , but I'm lost in this Afcad-history. I don't know it anymore.And to be honest , I'm a little bit stressed and mad about this Afcad-system.I'm looking forward to get some help.Otherwise , I have to take Prozac. Just joking. Haha. About the Prozac.Kindest regards ,Tom.

AFCAD's main feature is used to provide the taxiway and parking system for use by ATC and AI/User aircraft for movement about the airport.AFCAD can add addition features for airport design.You install AFCAD in a folder of choice. AFCAD will then search for FS2004 and use the default airport files as a basis for adding updated airport files. By default, AFCAD will place the updated files in your flight simulator 9Addon SceneryScenery folder. You can manually place the files anywhere within the flight simulator's scenery folder, just as long as you notify the flight simulator's scenery library generator where you placed the files. Most AFCAD builders place the files in the default folder.The only relationship AFCAD has to your other questions has to do with the number of parking spaces you add to the default airports. In most cases, the default airports have a limited number of parking spaces. AFCAD eliminates this problem by adding additional parking more inline with the real world airport.ProjectAI and other commercial AI addons only provide the flight plans, and associated aircraft to fly the flights to the airports. If an airport is not updated, the flights will still occur but the aircraft will uncharacteristically disappear when it goes from the landing mode to the taxi mode. This will even occur on updated airports, if too many aircraft are assigned to the airport and there are no parking spaces available.W. Sieffert

It's great program. Do yourself a favor and sit down and take the time to read the "readme" file. It will tell you everything to get you started. I know it looks overwhelming but stick with it. Read it slowly from the start to the finish. In time you will see it is fairly easy. This is a great one for adding aprons, parking spaces etc. I wish I could tell you word for word but I believe the readme does an excellent job. Good luck.KSPI

Guest Kingair315

When I get any new program like this, I first read the readme file just to get an general idea of what it covers.... Then, print it, and load the program. As I check out the menu's, I read the readme, highlighting with a Yellow marker what I feel is -most- important to me...Then, each time its loaded, I go back and read only what is highlighted. This quickly gets me very familiar with how to do what I wish to do. For me, this is easier than asking, then waiting for an answer, as I get immediate answers from the readme. Then, if I cant find something there, will ask questions, as the readme may not cover all possibilities. Am -still- learning new things about AFCAD there is so much it can do...If you like GA traffic, Id also recommend GA-Traffic to create interesting traffic at GA fields. Ive turned off Commercial on my system, and most of the time I fly into only small fields. It also improves the frame rates.