Sign in to follow this  

eDimension 3D Glasses

Does any of you out there own the eDimension 3D Glasses? It's the kind of 3D glass that everyone talks about that enhanced your FS experience. If so, I just want to hear some of your opinions about the product. I am planning to buy this product but is not really sure about the quality and the fun factor of it . So, I would really appreciate if those of you who own them could give me some advice. Thanks.

Well, they worked fairly good on my previous 'puter with a GF2 card, but can't get them to work at all with my new GF4 mmx 440. The shutters won't operate.

I bought the wired version and ended up returning them. I didn't like the interlaced appearance they gave with my Radeon 64 DDR VIVO card. And also you lose about 1/3 of the image brightness. I normally use FS in 1792 x 1344 x 32 mode and I couldn't tolerate the degraded resolution and clarity that the ED glasses gave with my set up. The stereo effect in the demo that comes with the glasses was impressive, but it never looked very good for FS. I understand GeForce users are having better luck as they use their own nVidia stereo drivers. If I change cards to a GeForce I may reconsider--but again, not unless I can get the image sharpness and brightness up to something substantial, as in at least 1600 x 1200 which should work on a GeForce4 Ti4600 Ultra. Count me in when I can have stereo at high resolution and full brightness.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I've had the glasses since they came out. I use them with a Geforce3 ti 500 and have a Geforce2 mx as a second monitor. I use 28.90 drivers and the Geforce tweaker, on a AMD 1900xp, 20" monitor, frames locked at 20. My system maintains 20 at all times. I prefer the wired, I don't like the thought of not being able to fly due to dead batteries at 3 in the morning.At first setting them up was a pain, could not use the wicked drivers sent with the device. I quickly figured out that Nvidia has their own drivers for stereo.The refresh rate needs to be at least at 100 or more or you get flickering. So, I set the refresh rate at 100 and the resolution at 1152x864. With the glasses on, the clarity is fine no need for the high res. Now, getting them tweaked just right takes a little bit of trial and error, they can really make you go cross eyed at high settings. I found that going from off to about 3 or 4 percent gives me the effect I like. Then, tweak in convergence, this keeps ghousting almost unseeable. You can then create the config, so these settings automatically set when Fs is started. The gauges in vc are clear as a high res setting, the objects in a decently built vc will amaze you.The menu's will display funny, but when you get into flying it's no big deal. The hotkeys will conflict with Fs2002 and ACP compact, but they can be reassigned, No Biggie.There for a while I found myself going to high res settings and shelving the glasses. They will cause eye strain until you get really used to them. I can fly for about 2 hours before I need an eyeball break. Then, I got the Aura Interactor and BAM I went back to 3-d. The sense of being in my virual airplane and feeling the vibrations of the plane just give ma a *****. Well, now I've gone and ordered the Tracker IR for better panning, it will arrive on the 22nd.In my humble opinion, if you have a decent system you will just love the glasses, My brother and I go head to head at the zone with CFS2, using Roger Wilco, and just have the time of our lives, If only I can get him into Fs2002.BTW the Archer is just incredible in 3-dEdit: The Nvidia stereo drivers come with a gamma adj. There is a bit dimmer look, but not that bad. Just feels like you have a pair of shades on during daylight (ha).Have A Good Day !!!! Rex

I have a Ge4 4600, and I can't get my LCD shutters to operate either!Anybody else got a problem with stereo glasses and Ge4's? They worked with the Ge3.....Mark

They are pretty typical for shutter glasses. For a true stereoscopic experience, i-glasses actually have 2 small screens that go in front of your eye. Not only is it in 3-d, but you get the feeling that you're looking at a MUCH larger screen due to the proximity of the little screens.Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

My wireless eDimension glasses work fine with a VisionTek 128MB GeF4 card, but I had to download the latest drivers from the Nvidia web site. I do not get 3D with the Wilco PIC 767 panel (do get 3D when going to outside views), but do with many other panels, including all of the FS2K2 default panels.Rob Gordon

No need to buy expensive 3D glasses if you want 3D, but have you seen my posts on how to get 3D at next to nothing in cost? With LCD classes you need a really high quaility monitor else you will get flicker, using the RED/BLUE glasses costs alomost nothing and can either buy a really good pair for about $7.00, or make your own for even less.

What type of store sell red/blue glasses.Tks. for any replys.Kenny G.

>I have a Ge4 4600, and I can't get my LCD shutters to >operate either!Anybody else got a problem with stereo >glasses and Ge4's? They worked with the Ge3..... This might or might not help you, but it did me so I'll toss it out. I had to download the H3D controller from the edimensional site. When I load that program, it gives me a tiny pair of glasses as an icon down on my quick launch tool bar. Right click on that icon and you can manually turn on or off the stereo synch. I have to do this or the glassses will not work for me.