Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Can someone explain a Basic AI flight in FS9?

Guest MJBRAND

Hi all,I would say I know a lot about AI traffic in FS9(AFCAD, TTools), but what I can't understand is the BASICS of how a flight works.eg:EGCC-EGLL takes 32 Minutes to complete one way (according to TTools)An A320 leaves EGCC at 12:00 and it will arrive at EGLL at 12:32 (approximately) Right?If the repeat time is 2Hr then what time will it take of from EGLL?AND what time will it arrvive at EGCC?What would happen if the repeat time (say 1 Hr) is shorter than the time it needs to return? Does the repeat time mean at EGCC or EGLL?Thanks Mike Brand

Guest j-mo

I'll take a stab at this. If I understand TTools correctly, a repeat time of 2 hours means that (to use your example) the IDENTCAL flight will repeat after 2 hours, i.e. another EGCC-EGLL flight. The return leg departure and arrival (at the originating airport) times can be determined by decompiling the bgl file, and are listed immediately following the destination airport.There is a TTools manual by Marcel Venema that explains a lot. Try this (not sure if this is the latest version):http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...misc&DLID=23396

>An A320 leaves EGCC at 12:00 and it will arrive at EGLL at>12:32 (approximately) Right?>>If the repeat time is 2Hr then what time will it take of from>EGLL?>AND what time will it arrvive at EGCC?>It will take off when you tell it to, a single flight must be a round trip ie EGCC-EGLL-EGCCGeorge

Guest Kingair315

When making flights, time on the ground needs to be allowed... On small GA fields, where taxi distances are short 15 minutes at each field is generally sufficient. On large commercial fields, it is good to allow not less than 30 minutes. Generally an hour is better, so if you want 30 minute flights from one field every two hours, make it two hours. If you want a flight to leave once an hour from the same field, just create two flights, an hour apart.

Guest Kingair315

IF you set the time to 1 hour, it will not make the flight... IE flight is 32 minutes, it needs 64 minutes for a round trip Plus, time to taxi on the ground at each airport. It may just disappear, or do a touch and go at the destination, then disappear before arriving back. ... You need to allow at least 15 minutes time at each field, for taxi and parking time,30 Minutes is better The same thing would apply to any other flight which takes longer than the time allowed for the round trip. Set for 2 hours, it would probably stay at the destination or parked for at least 15 minutes. Then it returns, and stays parked at original field until time to repeat the flight. If you want more traffic, just create two flights to the same field. One leaving at the first schedule, the next an hour later. Or another destination, which is about the same distance. An example from KFUL I have flights of Freedom Air B1900 leave for KSAN, once an Hour. It leaves on the hour, and another leaves on the half hour. One leaves KSAN at the same time, for KFUL, so always have some sitting and waiting for flights or enroute. Then, I use GA-Traffic, which creates lots of GA flights all day from KFUL and all other GA airfields. To help my framerates, my Commercial Traffic is unchecked in the flight sim, as I dont land at Large commercial airfields. That gives me about 10fps... so my speed is always about 19-21 fps...