Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Followed AI aircraft disappears over North Pole. Why?

Guest gotairbus

Hello,To follow AI flights, I use the freeware Most Realistic AI's Traffic View Board.I was following a flight from SIN to EWR (in real life, this would relate to SQ20/21). Everytime it flies over the North Pole it would disappear.It also happens in the opposite direction, disappearing at the same position as the abovementioned flight.Therefore, this led me to be curious...I would like to present some general AI questions so that I can compile those and narrow down the possibilities as to why my AI aircraft can disappear over the North Pole.Here are my questions:1. Why do AI aircraft disappear?2. Which places (taxiway, over the ocean, etc...) are AI most likely to disappear and why?3. Can AI disappear when no other AI is visible (as in my case, my flight was over the barren North Pole)Hope you can answer them. Thanks!gotAirbus?ft-cr9awx.jpg

If you try to move your aircraft in map view, you are restricted to latitudes between 89 degrees South and 89 degrees North, therefore, in the FS world, the poles do not exist :+ George

Guest gotairbus

Is there any way I can re-route the AI plane to fly over a new waypoint (airport/VOR) located *below or away from* the specified longititude and latitude (i.e. away from the North Pole?gotAIRBUS?ft-cr9awx.jpg

Yes, you can create an extra waypoint.George

Guest gotairbus

Thanks...I hope that I don't sound very ignorant but how do I edit the AI route to fly over a waypoint ... I'm very new to editing AI route files.(Is there a forum where I can start asking or is there a webpage that I can learn from?)

The easiest way is to use Afcad2 to make an airport over the sea with a height of zero, then add a short runway at a height just below your cruising altitude and edit your flightplans.txt to do a touch and go at this airport. Also, make the departure time equal to the arrival time. Because the runway is so short, it will abort about 200ft above the runway and fly on to the next airport.For a general discussion on making waypoints, see http://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27836George