Sign in to follow this  
ABE

Elevation of AI Aircraft

Guest Falcon307

What parameter determines the elevation of AI aircraft when at an airport?I'm trying to make Shehryar Ansari's FS2002 scenery for KLGB Long Beach work in FS2004. Airport elevation is 60 feet, but I need a flatten command at 57 feet to make the scenery work. That puts the AI aircraft 3 feet above the ramps, taxiways and runways.I've tried changing the airport elevation to 57 feet in AFCAD2 and the Airports.txt files.Thanks for any help.Dave WilkinsFalcon307

You need JABBgl a BGL Elevation editor, works a treat do a search here at AVSIMRegards Baldrick

Guest Falcon307

Wonderful! That was exactly what I needed to do. Thank you! And I shall send a thank you to Monsieur Brouge for his great tool.Dave Wilkins Falcon307

Your welcome, I also sent a thank you to Monsieur back when was having the same trouble its a great tool RegardsBaldrick

Thanks for the information about the program. However, after I changed the Afcad2.bgl, I did not notice any change at all. I even changed the elevation by 5 meters. Still no change, the AI planes kept on swimming. Any thoughts?ThanksAbe

Guest Falcon307

AFCAD2 won't help you. You need to change the elevation in an MS file of the name APxxxxxx.bgl. It will be in the path FS9SceneryAAAAScenery where AAAA is the region of the world.AFCAD2 will tell you the exact name and path. Open the default - not your modified - file for the airport. Then File, Properties will have the path at the bottom.Then, use jabbgl_134445.zip available on Avsim to change the elevation in that APxxxxxx.bgl file. Make sure all elevations are the same, including AFCAD2 for the airport and runways and any flatten command in the scenery.cfg file.That will get everything sitting on the same rock.DaveFalcon307

Thanks Dave for the info.My problem is how to find the exact AP*.BGL file that contains the information for OLBA (Beirut). Afcad 2 does not seem to provide the specific BGL file.Would appreciate further help.Thanks.Abe

Guest Falcon307

OLBA is in the file AP957190.bgl at 85 feet in the path FS9SceneryAsiaSceneryDaveFalcon307

Thanks again, Dave. I found it already....did not take too long.Two more question, do I need to change the elevation on the afacad2.bgl file and does that affect only AI or also the regular traffic?Thanks.Abe

Guest Falcon307

I'm not sure if AF2 does anything, but I change both the airport elevation and all the runways just to be sure, and it only takes a minute.DaveFalcon307