Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeS

Creating parking spots in AFCAD

Guest capndon

I have created alot of flight plans for FS 2004 using Southwest airlines real time schedules. I only used the flights out of Chicago Midway using the "week" repeat rate. I probably have between 80 and 100 flights that I created. I had to use AFCAD to create more parking spots at Midway. I created about 35 extra parking spots. When I start FS 2004 every spot is filled. It seems that no matter how many spots I create they are immediatly filled. Then the incoming flights have no place to park so the dissapear on landing. I thought that FS only loads the flights that are due to take off within the last 15 minutes. It seems that It is loading every flight no matter what day is in the flight plan. If anyone can help and nees more info please let me know.

Guest MikeS

If I've read this correctly, you have a couple of choices...either add more parking spaces (preferred) or turn your traffic % slider down, but not lower than what you have it set for in your FP's. You might also want to re-read Lee Swordy's excellent help file in TT's, re what traffic loads when. The subj is too much for a forum post.I hope this helps,MikeI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!www.flightontario.com

Guest capndon

Thanks for replaying Mike I did read the help file as you suggested and I may have found my problem. It pertains to this paragraph from the help file: IMPORTANT NOTE: Each flight plan creates one

Guest MikeS

Hi Don,Any chance you could post an entry from your FP? An example of a single leg FP: AC#51,6719,1%,2Hr,VFR,12:15,12:43,025,R,6719,CNN3,13:15,13:43,025,R,6719,CNC4MikeI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!www.flightontario.com

Guest MikeS

"I created a single flight plan for each flight using aseperate aircraft (1 of 5) for each flight. I think I amsupposed to create all the flight plans pertaining to anaircraft in one flight plan entry. Do You agree?"Dawn has finally broken on this marble head! Yes, each AC# (FP) will produce one AI plane. If you want that plane to go elsewhere, create additional legs for it...not another AC#. And if this doesn't answer your question, I'll refer you to my sig! lolHope it helped,MikeI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!www.flightontario.com