Sign in to follow this  
GB007

San Juan Rwys

Guest iFLYrc

I have tried unsuccessfully to get FS9 to use both runways at TJSJ. I have used AFCAD2 and closed runway 8 for landings and open for take off. I closed runway 10 for take off and open for landings. FS9 still uses runway 8 for take off and landing resulting in a traffic backup on rwy 8.Does this occur because the rwys are not perfrectly parallel? Any suggestions on how to fix this.

Hi, iFLYrc,I have just done two take-offs and landings at TJSJ as VFR-Request and Online Weather (110/7) and was observing my own clearance as well as ATC-one for AI-Traffic.Here my statitics:I had first take-off RWY 08, first landing RWY 10, second take-off RWY 10 and second landing at RWY 08 !Now AI-Traffic:Two Take-Offs Runway 10Three Landings Runway 10Two Take-Offs Runway 08Two Landings Runway 08********************************This is my AFCAD AF2_TJSJ looking like:4 (FOUR) Runways:Designator Length Width8/26 3.149,50 Mtrs 61 Mtrs1/19 10,00 Mtrs 10 Mtrs2/20 10,00 Mtrs 10 Mtrs10/28 2.592,40 Mtrs 45,7 Mtrs***************Example Rwy 08: True Heading 66.90

Guest iFLYrc

Well, I'm glad you can get both runways to work. I have a lot of AI traffic installed and they all just go to rwy 8. I also have installed your bgl in the add-on scenry for San Juan and I still get traffic for rwy 8.Another question. Is traffic landing and taking off from both runways at the same time?When you did your takeoffs na dloandings, did you do touch and go or straightout take off and then tune San Juan for laning? What was your flight plan?What I am trying to do is setup takeoffs from one runway and landing on the other runway. I don't thing that is what you have setup with your AFCAD file.

Guest iFLYrc

OK, I finally got your BGL file to work. It turns out that i have several add-on sceneries that contain the AF2-TJSJ.BGL file. After replacing them all with your bgl, I got some action on both runways. However, the traffic was taking off from the reciprical ends of rwys 8 and 10. So I modified your bgl to close the reciprical ends of the runways for take off and landing. This finally got the traffic to take off and land on rwy 8 and 10 at the same time.The only problem is that your AFCAD2 file does not use all of the available parking ramps and gates. I will attempt to add them some time in the future unless you have already done it.Thanks,

Hi iFLYrcas I wrote in my earlier post, "closed for takeoff and closed for landing"...for RWY19... and so onI am glad that you solved your problemIndeed, I have had (and probabely still have) problems with parking spots, as an example: it happened to me, that I was assigned to a parking gate by (FS)-ATC and parked my Aircraft; nevertheless another AI-Aircraft happened to park at the same spot "overrunning" my plane , something what should not happen.As well I experienced that - allthough I assigned for example 10 Parking spots to Air France, Heavy, Gate, 41 radius, only one or two are used by AI-Traffic...I just don