Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlwoodward

Departing floatplanes disappear

Guest jlwoodward

I read through the old posts on this topic and found some good advice, but I still can't get this to work.The airport is a water strip next to a lighthouse. It has two parking places, connected to apron nodes and hold short nodes by apron links. I have experimented with water and concrete links, and dock or ramp parking places. The aircraft now has contact points for both land and water.A plane initially will be in the parking place but disappear when the time of flight starts. An aircraft will arrive from another airport, land, and taxi to parking ok. However, as soon as it becomes time to depart, it disappears. An aircraft can also come from another airport and do touch and goes, although I haven't let the time run out to see if it will park or leave.Any help would be appreciated. I am running out of ideas. I don't know if it is a problem with parking or in the flight plan.Thanks

Howdy,the usual issue in this case is that people forget to add a runway link on top of the runway itself. Both the runway and the link should be 1-ft wide concrete surfaces, which makes them invisible. Obviously, runway and link need to have the same designator. To ensure this, I usually start with a 100-ft wide runway, place it as required and adjust the designators accordingly, then draw the runway link on top of it and only then switch both to type concrete and width 1ft. Still, you need to run the fault checker because the runway link may not fit perfectly on top of the thin runway and the position of the nodes may need to be moved a bit.The taxiways and parking connectors should be 1 ft wide as well but can (and should be) water.Also see this thread: http://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/showthr...hlight=seaplaneHope that helps.Cheers, Holger

Guest jlwoodward

Hello Holger,Tried that with the runway and also went through all the connectors again. I also pulled up one of the Misty Moorings airports and compared it item by item. Still not working. I tried removing all the apron links and connecting the parking spots directly to the hold short nodes. I haven't tried a taxiway yet, so that will be next.I don't know if I missed something in the flight plan. An aircraft will arrive ok and go to parking. It just disappears at departure time.

Hi there,I don't think the disappearing act is related to the flightplan.Feel free to send me a PM with your email address; I'd be happy to have a look at your AFCAD.Cheers, Holger

Guest jlwoodward

Holger,I was looking for a place to send you an afcad file. I didn't look like I could email it from here. Mine is jlwoodward@worldnet.att.net