Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

How (if possible) delete an AI fly for a session

Guest airsimmike

Hi simmers,i'm a new user of this forum so i'd like start with a question...I usually fly with Alitalia (AZ) and i've installed alitalia flight planes from PAI packages...Is there a possibility to delete for a specific session the AI-alitalia fly which is concomitant (starting at the same time) with my (user) fly?...I give you an example:Fly from LIML to LIRF with AZ2071 MDDouglas starting LIML at 3.00 pm...at same time AI starts fly AZ2071 LIML-LIRF with its AI aircraft...how can I delete this AI fly just for interested session so i'm able to fly only with my aircraft?Can TTools help me? Or I need for others program/s?Thanks to all simmers!

Guest Jos

Hi,You simple open TTOOLS and delete in Aircraft map a single letter: the AI process will be stopped and this plane will not fly.Doe not forget to Compile.Examples:change AC#99, ... ... into C#99, ... ...orchange the name of your aircraft (one letter difference is enough: delete or add)AC#3,430,"Boeing 737-400" changing in AC#3,430,"oeing 737-400"Greetz. Jos

Guest MikeS

"Can TTools help me? Or I need for others program/s?"TT will help you permanently delete that leg, or if you only want to delete it occasionally, you can download the Traffic Toolbox SDK from the M$ site http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/default.asp Using the traffic explorer, locate the AI flight you want to delete. R/click it and delete it. There are LOTS of other features in the SDK as well.I hope this helps,MikeI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!www.flightontario.com

Guest airsimmike

Hi Mike!Thanks for your kind attention...I've already thought at Microsoft SDK etc. but now...I hope be sure of it!If u have other suggestions please don't wait write me.Have a good work.

Guest airsimmike

tragedy!I've downloaded traffic...SDK file from MS but....How can I install Traffic Settings and other features? I'm Win XP user...i can't find old DOS prompt (!?) And can i use my airport-aircraft-flightplane files that have .txt as extension?Thanks to all who will help me!

The TrafficToolbox.dll file from the SDK needs to be placed in your modules folder.The next time you start FS you will have an new option in your top meny - Tools - The Explorer under this menu will show all the AI traffic in a list. You can right click on any AI aircraft and tell FS to delete that aircraft from the current flight sim session.The problem with this method is that the aircraft may reappear at various points in the flight - when FS reloads the traffic upon crossing boundaries and a couple other places.The option to modify the title= line in the AI aircraft.cfg file definitely and 100% keep the aircraft from appearing in FS. The problem with this method is that if you wanted to fly an AZA MD-80, and you changed the AI aircraft title - you would have NO MD-80 aircraft for AZA flying except your user aircraft.Deleting one flight is difficult - even with Traffic Tools - because you also delete the prior and next legs of the flight.But recompiling the modified flight plan with traffic tools is the only way to make 100% sure your shadow aircraft does not appear if you still want to retain other flights by the same aircraft paint / model.