Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

ground vehicle AI raffic

Guest robystar

Reply to all interested in a.m. subject.Apparently I am not the only one experiencing problems as soon as the ground vehicle reaches the runway. Now let us try and look at it from another angle.What if it had to do with the destination AFCAD?I read that with AI ships (unfortunately I do not recall where,(might also have something to do with floating planes and bush flying on a lake)the runway of destination should be exactly parallel to the take off runway. Presuming that we manage to solve the problem of too much speed at 'take off' adapting the scalar thing in the cfg config file of the vehicle, then we have a vehicle that goes straight to its destination 'airport'. At what flight level? If it is a ship, that should be obvious, if it is at some elevation, then what?George's AFCAD file is not giving me the info I would like because it is too small a scale (I am afraid I made the same mistake with Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,I have setup a second airport layer (EBOS and 2BOS) so that the ground vihicle has his own taxiway and runway.I see now that I forgot to place the centerpoint nearby the new runway.Will check it tomorrow.Greetz. Jos

Ok, here is a very simple example of a launch circling a lake. The flightplan is:AC#4501,GARWD,1%,1Hr,IFR,00:00:00,00:15:00,010,R,0123,EZ11,00:30:00,00:45:00,010,R,0123,EZ11and the afcad:longleatlake4nm.jpgThanks to ImageShack http://imageshack.us for Free Image Hosting

I've just realised what your problem is. You do not make it "fly" to another airport, make the destination equal to the departure airport as shown above. Here is the result for the launch and also some AI Swans:launch9dg.jpgGeorgeThanks to ImageShack http://imageshack.us for Free Image Hosting

Guest robystar

Hi George,I think you might have solved almost all my problems.1. you said there is no limit to the length of the taxiways;2. You drew my attention to the fact that the destination and departure airport should be the same. So if I understand right, if departure is at 00:00:00 and it takes the vehicle 30 minutes to run the length of the taxiway, the next leg should start at say 00:35:00.Is that right? But then, how does TTools calculate the arrival times?3. In the meantime I found out that on bumpy terrain, the nodes should be very close together.4. Remains the question of the flightlevel, or has that become an obsolete question? And as for the overlay Ostend airport of Jos

>Is that right? But then, how does TTools calculate the arrival>times?I think it uses a nominal time of 15 minutes.>4. Remains the question of the flightlevel, or has that become>an obsolete question? Flight level is redundant.>And as for the overlay Ostend airport of Jos

Guest robystar

No George , I am not English, but I have another (conflicting) hobby, gardening and that needs dry weather, whereas flight simulator needs the opposite.As for the overlays, I confess, I avoid them and just make new airports. In that case I noticed that, in the instance of say two helipads, one next to the other and constituting a different airport each (e.g. LK2 and LK3) the reference points should not be very close or LK2 aircraft react to LK3 ATC. I am talking of distances of 100ft here.As far as I understood from Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,Good news...After some difficulties with ATC (got an error massage about the atc.dll) and an unwilling but nicy looking towing car (you must know that it was already quiet a time ago that I made Afcad-files, even an overlay for the Stockholm (ESSA) airport); the configuration was successfull.The amount of overlays is indeed limited but is sufficient for the job.I must now see if there are fault in it and delete unnecessary items.Then I can post here the results.Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,Screenshot of the overlay afcad:From the parking to the right and then downwards and crossing the taxiway of the basic file... the parkingspots are deleted... only the spot for the moving ground vihicle is needed (beware not to link, keep the route apart from the rest) and so on up to the runway. Maybe the rwy can shorter. The moving object will stop just before this runway.The runway is set up as a normal runway with the navaids.You can eventually let move the object into a hangar and nobody will see it disapearing.Thanks to all and the e-mails I got. The problem is now solved.Greetz. Jos