Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Creating Traffic for a particular airport

Guest DLM9000

I am using Ultimate Traffic, but want to compile additional traffic for an airport (Innsbruck LOWI). 1. Can I compile an additional bgl file and copy it into the the fs9 scenery folder where the default traffic is at? I am exploring the the option to place the traffic.txt file in the additional traffic folder and have UT compile it all into one. 2. Is there a tool for building the traffic file with a GUI that will let you type in a form? 3. IF you have flight info about departing and arriving flights to Innsbruck, will you send it to me at dlmitchell@charter.net ?I have the Welcome Air and Austrian schedules off of the Innsbruck site. Those are the only carriers in UT as well. I want my FS9 LOWI to look like Innsbruck captured on this great site, with lots of visitors and liveries.http://www.innsbruck-airport.com/index.html/_lang/en Thanks for any help and info upfront.Dennis

Hi,1. Yes, you can have as many traffic BGL files as you wish.2. Yes. You can use AI Traffic Mover or yRoute. Do a web search for both of these - they have their own web pages.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Knikolaes

If you want AI for LOWI, use the freeware airlines from Project AI.Ultimate Traffic is kind of a joke because they advertise "realistic flight schedules", but none of their schedules are even close to "realistic". My home airport, KPUB, is served by only Mesa Airlines flying a B1900 -- we are a VERY small little municipal airport -- But after installing Ultimate Traffic, suddenly my poor little home airport is crowded with major airliners from Northwest, Southwest, Delta, Continental, etc . . . so many that my poor GA traffic was ousted from any parking spots large enough to support the airliners.That was when I decided I regretted paying for a payware product when PAI publishes their work for free and theirs ARE accurate and realistic.My suggestion is to go to http://projectai.com and look under OFFICIAL FILES. You will need the PAI installer first, then look in the Airlines and Cargo areas for any Austrian airlines (they list the countries of all airlines :-) )I frankly have every published PAI airline installed, and have UNinstalled UT. Now anywhere I fly in the world except Russia is perfectly balanced with airlines and cargo (and some military now :-) )LOWI is busy with their regular scheduled flights from 2004 when you install the PAI flights. Hope this helps.

Are you sure you have Ultimate Traffic ?Their flight plans are drawn from OAG/Sabre and I've not found any issue similar to you describe. I've checked the original Fall-2003 flight plans (the actual text files in addition to the timetable) and the Summer 2005 update - and in both cases the only aircraft Ultimate Traffic put into KPUB is an Air Midwest B1900 flying contract for Mesa Airlines. 12 arrivals and departures a week.Overall I've found the UT flight plans to be the most accurate available, and that includes MRAI and MRAI generated flight plans. Additionally the UT flight plans are for ONE WEEK worldwide, where individual flight plans are for many different weeks.I haven't had time to check the My Traffic 2004 files - but that is the program which has a tendancy to add airlines since their original programming did not have information about which airlines served which airports - only regions.As far as LOWI - yes the Ultimate Traffic, and real world, only schedules the two airlines in to that airport most of the year. It appears the Sky Europe flights to EHAM and LFPO are seasonal, as are the GB Airways flights to EGKK.There is a new Winter 05 flight plan today for SkyEurope in the library with LOWI flights - ajoz_wi0506_skyeurope.zip - there are no flights to LOWI in that airline's flight plans for Summer 05 or Winter 04.I haven't located any British Airways / GB Airways flight plans with LOWI in them.You will also want to download lowi_app_jv.zip from the Avsim Library. Jim Vile's brilliant approach setup for AI aircraft for LOWI. It will sound strange for AI aircraft to be cleared for ILS approaches to runways without an ILS - but the AI aircraft will land at LOWI.

Guest Knikolaes

You were right. I had the two confused. It is "My Traffic" that has the "adding stuff everywhere" bit. Ultimate Traffic I have as well and I have neither installed and thus got confused. After my last reinstall I just stuck with project AI and am very satisfied.The ONLY area that isnt populated by PAI that I am not sure if UT covers is Russia. I had to manually install Russia. But PAI has full schedules for Austrian and Austrian Arrows.Sorry for the confusion on my bit.

I own all three AI programsMy Traffic 2004Ultimate Traffic with Su 05 schedule updatesTraffic 2005Each has it's strengths and it's weaknesses.For UT the use of generic aircraft, and the necessity to manually add a lot of airports to the database can be a pain. But once complete - they work beautifully. Just having the list of repaints necessary to fill out the AI world is a neat item in my opinion.I have each in it's first configuration state available for AFCAD testing.My personal primary AI is under the UT shell, with the PAI repaints assigned to replace the default ones for some aircraft. I also have AIA, FMAI, CDAI, EvolveAI repaints added.I have a couple airlines whose schedules have changed significantly which I have unselected in the UT menu - so that they do not compile and use the UT flight plans. Those I have alternate flight plans - usually added to UT with a slight name / designator change.Because UT obtains it's schedules from OAG/ Sabre or a similar source - there are of course many airlines not present. We all search for the others.I like the LOWI web site pictures - time to add some extra aircraft to my Charter group.Though I wonder if/why people fly down from Finland to Innsbruck to ski ? Taller hills ?

Guest Knikolaes

LOL Probably the same reason as folks here in Colorado do it . . . grass is greener on th other side.I noticed a lot of Colorado Folks go to Utah to ski and folks from Utah flood Colorado to ski . . . it's like an exchange program that's frozen over with snow LOL.