Sign in to follow this  
Guest robystar

AI Jetfoil configuration

Guest Jos

Hi,Searching to setup a Jetfoil as AI Ship, I encounter a lot of strange results. I run FS2002 and have two problems:1. The effects and the wake are not displayed as they should (see screenshot);2. On one configuration, I can let run the Jetfoil at a speed of 50 kts... but also no effects or wake to see.I think there must be a trick about the altitude, maybe the ship is not hight enough on his "shoes".Can someone give some help, please ? I am searching with my college now for weeks.Greetz. Jos

Guest davidglaister

Hi Jose,The vessel closest in the screenshot appears to have the correct effects, here is a line from the AiShips document by Holger Sandmann:==================================================================It seems that when two ships of the same model are active at the same time only one of them will display all the effects (this is not a problem in this setup as the two Garwood Cruisers are actually slightly different models).==================================================================If your vessels use the same model maybe this is the problem.David

Guest Jos

Hi,Thank you for this remark. I will test it right now.And if it is the reason... how can I setup a vast activity of a Jetfoil company in order to see every 20 minutes or half hour a Jetfoil ? Maybe working with overlays is the solution ?Byebye. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,Have adjusted the Afcad and now that only one Jetfoil is running, I see the effects, but still no wake. So a little progress.The strange thing is that these effects by my college are located nearby the "shoes" of the Jetfoil (as it should be)... and by me more under the vessel.We are searching like fools, h

Guest Jos

Hello,Happy I can write to you...Are these screenshots from AI Hoover and AI Jetfoil in action as AI ?... OK then... I see by the Hoover a wake and remark that the Jetfoil has his effects by the three stacks this isn't the case by my Jetfoil and my Hoover cast no wave). Why ? Something or some settings are blocking the normal display while AI is running. Must I really use the AI-version ? My college is also searching in vain.I am running FS2002 and cannot see how I must setup my Afcad-file.Can you post an Afcad2 sreenshot (if that is possible of course... I suppose that the display is the same as for Afcad1.4 ?Or give me an example, step by step so that I can do it the right way; or I send my files to you.I have downloaded the gorge_ai.zip but I cannot handle Afcad2-files.I need really an example for FS2002.I have the impression that my Jetfoil as AI isn't raised enough and so cannot display the effects and smoke properly. I see my effects under the Jetfoil nearly in the middle section...My Jetfoil do not sink while it is slowing down. H

Guest Jos

Hi,I try to install the Jetfoil of the proposed file, but I see only the effects... and they are excellent (a good beginning, h

Guest robystar

Hi,I thought I'd add the 2k2 to the title, which I guess is the real problem.Holger's AI_ships and Gorge_AI are made for 2k4, but we are still enjoying 2k2.Both the wake and the speed problem find their origin (at least that is my guess) in the fact that we use the jetfoil 22 airfile, otherwise nothing shows up at all.So I hope Holger reads this and finds some time to either adapt his files for fs 2k2 or at least tell us how to adapt it ourselves.Nevertheless, whether he answers or not, let me tell you that he did a #### of a job in making these AI ships for us.Hoping for an answer from Holger or somebody as clever or cleverer than him (but reactions from others are also welcome since I learned a lot from them as well)From Robystar who won't give up.

Guest robystar

Sorry,I should have written a 'heck of a job'.Roby