Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

1 Manual AI Traffic installation successful, others unsuccessful.

Guest scat

Hi Forum Members, I really appreciate the work done by the AI traffic developers. I've all the leading airways AI Traffic. I reside in India so I would love to see my country's AI Traffic at the Indian Airports.I'd installed the Jet Airways AI Plan, one of the leading airlines in India in my FS 2004 successfully. I've other base models, textures and flight plans of other Indian Airliners, which i'd installed in my FS2004, but unfortunately they dont work. i wanted to tell you all that for Jet Airways the traffic file has become traffic.bgl as i'd deleted the original file. For other Airliners the traffic file is eg. Traffic_AirIndia.bgl for Air India. Can any1 send me the steps to add AI Traffic using the TTools and plz tel me which r the names that r very sensitive while editing.

Guest MikeS

A step by step on a forum, or even email would be very lengthly. What I would suggest is that you spend some time reading the excellent help files that come with Traffic Tools. They'll give you a good starting point for adding AI. You'll also want to do the same for AFCAD, also by Lee Swordy. And be warned...it's addicting!I hope this helpedMikehttp://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_mstanton.gif

Guest scat

Thanks for the help, i know all the steps for installing an AI Flight, I've successfully installed Jet Airways, but i'm unable to install other indian airline carriers. The Flightplans i've downloaded for Jet Airways is Summer'05. And for other Airliners i've Winter'05 plans, so is this the reason for failure of my instalation????

First - are you using FS2002 or FS2004 ?FS2002 requires that ALL the flight plans be in the same traffic file.FS2004 allows multiple traffic files - which many people find easier to manage.By failure of your installation do you mean that Traffic Tools fails to compile / gives an error - or that Traffic Tools is successful and you just do not see the aircraft at the correct times.When you are looking in FS for aircraft - always use the GMT time as listed in the flightplans.txt file - not the local time. Especially with the 1/2 hour offset this could be a big issue in India.Also when you are looking for the aircraft in FS - how much parking do you have at your airport?Without adding parking - no default FS2004 or FS2002 airport can hold much new traffic.For a simple tutorial on creating your own small flight plans - I suggest John Goodwin's or the Jet Doctor.If you build a couple small one airplane two airport flight plans - you will understand the larger flight plans much better.John Goodwin's home page - http://www.john-goodwin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page4frame.htmlThe Jet Doctor tutorials are hosted by Steve Wilson - http://www.wilsonsairspace.com/index.htmlEnter his site and go to the Learning Center.Note: There are different rules and procedures for using Traffic Tools in FS2002 and FS2004