Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Greyed Out!

Guest flotocki

I downloaded a Ai base model and gave it a texture. In TTools I went to aircraft editor and this aircafts radius is greyed out. It is a Boeing 747-200 which I can't get to show up in FS2004. Would this be due to the fact it has no radius?I believe the radius for this aircraft would be in the model.air folder. Could I replace this file with a default .air folder? Frank!

Hi,The reason it is grayed out is probably the MDL file has been edited (by a hex editor or similar) and thus the program can't find the correct location of the radius. I'm afraid you are out of luck with that model - you'll have to find another plane (swapping model folders will not work - the textures, contact points, lights, etc will be all messed up).Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest flotocki

Thanks Tom, It was an AI Aardvark Boeing aia742PW.zip if you would like to check ir out. I also noticed the Air file is from a b737.I thought I would be getting an excellant working model. Frank!

>Thanks Tom, It was an AI Aardvark Boeing aia742PW.zip if you>would like to check ir out. I also noticed the Air file is>from a b737.>>I thought I would be getting an excellant working model. >Frank!Try using the Aircraft Parking Codes manager by Armando Di Francesco.The executable is named "Parking Manager.exe".I've used this to successfully change the radius of aircraftmodels when they weren't listed in AFCAD. It's free and worth a try. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest flotocki

I checked a B767's air file and it is not for a B757. I am sorry to say that I am very disappointed in Ai Aardvark. I removed the aircraft and got a new B767 model from Project Opensky. Is it wrong to mention the builders name? Frank!

If you are looking for an AI aircraft - you definitley want AIA not Posky.I use the Posky aircraft as flyable - they are way too many polygons and too many texture files to make a decent AI aircraft.Yes they do look better - but you need a super computer to keep any airport from turning into a slide show.Tom or I can help you with getting the AIA aircraft working on your system. They really are about the best out there.If you don't feel comfortable with troubleshooting a manual install - download a package from www.projectai.com - they have a nice B767 series of 2nd generation models and a bit easier to get flying with their automated installer.I have never had trouble with the model files and radius of AIA aircraft displaying in the AFCAD Aircraft Editor - though I normally use Aircraft Parking Manager - as noted above. I do change many of AIA model radius values to match the system I use on my computer for aircraft parking.Edit Most AIA aircraft include two models - reflective and non-reflective.Verify that the entry in the model= line is exactly the same as the folder name - the part behind the period.i.e.Folder name:model.non-reflAircraft.cfg fltsim.x section entrymodel=non-reflIf this is not exactly correct - the AFCAD Aircraft Editor, nor ACPM, nor AITM, can find the model file. That would give you a greyed out box on the radius setting - and also make the aircraft not appear in FS.