Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

Afcad for aircraft carrier

Guest Jos

Hi,Made an Afcad1.4-file for my Nimitz carrier.AI aircraft, such as a Hornet, can take off from it, but landing is still a problem: they overly the carrier at low altitude, but do not land... what's the problem ?All items are used (Tower, navaids, ...no faults found). I use the full lenght of the carrier.Greetz. Jos

You will probably need to alter the aircraft.cfg to make the take off faster and the approach slower. Also use IFR flightplans to allow a longer approach.George

>Hi,>>Made an Afcad1.4-file for my Nimitz carrier.>AI aircraft, such as a Hornet, can take off from it, but>landing is still a problem: they overly the carrier at low>altitude, but do not land... what's the problem ?>All items are used (Tower, navaids, ...no faults found). I use>the full lenght of the carrier.>>Greetz. Jos

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Jos

Hi,I added a parking spot (now I have two) and used the Tomcat. Well... this aircraft has so called superspoilers and... fall in sea right before the carrier (the others fly over). It's very weird and frustrating. Maybe I should use a larger parking spot ? ... when I look earlier, I see the Tomcat on a parkingspot... so that's not the point.My college said to me: my aircraft lands in the middle of the carrier (I like to move this spot to the edge) and it doesn't stop. Also frustrating, h

Skyhawk take-off, Panther approach:777ck.jpgApproach:795ie.jpgTouch-down:%38%307yw.jpg

Full stop:813qb.jpgClear of runway:824vm.jpgParked:846py.jpg

Guest Jos

Hello,Oh, thanks a lot. This is promising.This carrier is a default one ? Could it be that configurating AI for landing and launching only is possible with that kind of carrier and not the Nimitz you can find on Shipyards ? Of course there is a different way: one is the RCBO-1.2 program (I use this program and run FS2002)and also the 3Dwire-program... plus the "old" arrcab24-program. With the API of the Nimitz I can place the aircraft carrier all over the world, using AFW 2.6 .Can you specify the use on that point ?Maybe you can mention also the type of aircraft.I send this reply right to my college.Greetz. Jos

Guest robystar

Gee, I am jealous, to say the least.Roby

It doesn't matter if there isn't an aircraft carrier, AI aircraft just use the afcad.Note, for aircraft carrier afcads, you need two. One at sea level which has only a single taxiway line and another (the real one) at deck level. See http://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45811The aircraft in the above shots are:A-7E Corsair IIF5F PANTHER"TA-4J VT-7S-3B USN-VS29 Dragon FiresEA6B USN_VAQ-135E-2C USN-VAW117 WallbangersBlackhawk USN-HS6 Indians MH60SJayhawk USN-HS6 The Indians SH60All have had their cfg and air files tweaked for carrier use.Georgeps. The extra hold-short nodes are because the aircraft may leave the centre-line at any position and must pass through a hold-short node before they park.

Guest Jos

Hi,OK... two files.What about: All have had their cfg and air files tweaked for carrier use.Is there a tutorial ? Is this available for all planes, I mean: change with an unform tweak for carrier landings ?Maybe are you so kind to plublish here the tweak or send us it by e-mail ?I will look now at the other topic.Greetz. Jos

I'm afraid there is no tutorial or universal tweak. Check on the PAI Military forum.George