Sign in to follow this  
Guest saudi_777

Top Avionics / Tony D'Ambrosio FMC problem!

Guest Boone

I do hope someone might be able to help as the e-mail for Tony D'Ambrosio and the home page is not working.I am using their excellent 777 v1.7 panel and Nav Data v1.3. I have the flightplan loaded and programmed into the FMC. All fine. The problem arises during flight (cruise for example) the aircraft keeps straying off course (usually to the right a little), as an intersection approaches it then makes a wide sweeping turn (left) to intersect the rapidly approaching waypoint before sharply turning back on course where it gradually vears off to the right again! (Until the next waypoint) I have re-started, reloaded, re-set the flightplan, took off from a different location and still can't get this sorted out. I have noticed on the ND the heading marker indicator is always a couple of degrees to the right (when the RTE button is activated and in map mode). Perhaps this problem is caused by winds aloft? Surely the autopilot would allow for that. I would love to get this fixed as it is so much more realistic than the GPS option available in other panels. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.Kind Regards,Boone

The default GPS flight plans are not wind corrected. To prove this, make a flight plan without weather and it will follow the track. Try the same flight plan with weather (watch the cross wind legs especially) and the aircraft will not follow the track and then try to hit the waypoint at the last moment as you described.The only GPS I seen that's wind corrected was Capt Alain's, ACS-GPS!

Guest Boone

Thanks for the info!However the default 2002 GPS works fine with winds aloft. I have included it on the panel now and the plane follows it fine. As soon as I hit the 'execute' button on the FMC however, the plane vears off course again and alters back only as it gets closer to the waypoint. The problem is clearly with the FMC.Boone

Guest saudi_777

No offence to Tony, but the Real CRT gauges just don't seem to cut it well in FS2002. Whenever you're flying with his FMC the flight path following always has to go into crap mode somewhere. In other words, his FMC really doesn't seem to be stable.So it's either the default GPS or it's the coming-soon updated 744 & 777 panels from PSS. And PSS are actually close to the PS1.3 sim anyway.Just my 2 cents,Asim DaffaVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com