Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

Eddie Denney's RealScene - 2 scenery questions

I recently bought Eddie Denney's RealScene mesh scenery. It looks terrific, but I found two odd occurences- elevated airports and lakes- floating treesI realize that the problem is the inaccuracy of the default MS elevations, but I was wondering if there are fixes for this. I have searched the web but can not find any discussion about this.There does not seem an easy way to contact Eddie Denny directly to see if a patch exists, or if he is working on one.I am also wondering if the FSGenesis scenery products also suffer from the same problems?Thanks,Scott

Hi Scott,Welcome to the forums. I think you are correct in this statement:You said:"I realize that the problem is the inaccuracy of the default MS elevations"That is most likely the cause which means it is not Eddie Denny's scenery that the problem lies in.I had his Alaska Mesh installed, but it interferred with my Bush Scenery files, so I uninstalled it. If people make scenery, some may make it without the mesh using MSFT's default mesh. So it may be due to this. I am not sure if there are fixes or not, as I do not own the scenery, but I think the use of the word bug should maybe not be directed at Eddie.Regards,Joe :-wavehttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>- elevated airports I think whatever mesh you use you may run into these problems. I have some other meshes and have seen the "elevated airports". What happens is that FS limits you to flat runways which in reality is not true - there are many airports with sloped runways. Now throw in a good resolution mesh and with this limitation you are bound to run into such problems. The true fix is of course impossible. Either don't use this mesh or ask Microsoft to accommodate sloped runways.Michael J.

Thanks for the feedback. I changed it to questions as opposed to bugs. My intent was not to lay any blame on the part of the RealScene software, because it really does look terrific.I was hoping though with the release of the AutoGen SDK that possibly the problem could be resolved.Scott

Guest Lizardo

There is a way to lower them to the surrounding terrain. Somehow, you get into an "edit", circle it, and re-post an elevation. Computer experts know how exactly, there has been a posting or two on it. Myself, I live with it as a "novelty". :)