Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

flight plans

Guest retxed1

I have recently installed an Air France flight plan. Flights from EGNT to LFPG appear parked at a gate and eventually push back and take off. However incoming flights don't approach and land they just materialise at a gate. I've created a plan between EGNV & EGNT and that works fine. Can anyone help.

It could be as simple as your time of day.If I remember correctly at a certain timeperiod after they should have taken off from the originating airport they just turn upat the destination airport.

Guest MikeS

How about a sample of the FP to look at. I think I would check the A&D times as they relate to the repeat period first, though. Mikewww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

Guest retxed1

As requested this is the flight planAC#1020,F-GRZC,10%,WEEK,IFR,0/09:19:52,@0/11:06:55,280,F,5851,EGNT,0/11:58:36,@0/13:24:44,290,F,5852,LFPGI've got a feeling that its due to the time of departure from LFPG but I've altered that both ways earlier & later but the plane still just appears at a EGNT GATE. It does'nt approach and land.

Guest MikeS

If you've already tried spreading the A/D times then I think I'd try adding more parking spaces. Mikewww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

Guest retxed1

The airport has 23 empty parking spaces so I don't think thats an issue. Does the aircraft cruise speed effect the arrival time? I think I read somewhere that if you use @ in the flight plan the cruise speed was not important is that correct?

Guest MikeS

>The airport has 23 empty parking spaces so I don't think>thats an issue. Does the aircraft cruise speed effect the>arrival time? I think I read somewhere that if you use @ in>the flight plan the cruise speed was not important is that>correct?23 empty spaces...What size? Are they the RIGHT SIZE for the A/C you're using at that field? What other AI are you running there?Have you looked at how many AI use them at any given time? The @ will put you at the gate "on time" (+- a few min), as opposed to not using the @ putting you in that fields air space, as determined by the compiler. If you've already tried spreading the A/D times (spaced enough), and that didn't work. I'd have to go with those 23 empty spaces perhaps not being the right size, or not always empty. Are those arrival times figured by the compiler, (,,) or did you do them?Mike www.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

Guest retxed1

Thanks for your reply.I'm pulling my hair out with this. The flight plan I posted is now the only one running on FS9. Therefore no other aircraft are using EGNT. The Gates appear to be adequate for the aircraft selected, and I've changed that for other aircraft which appear correctly in other flight plans. The Flight plan from LFPG is an extract from a plan created by some guy in France, basically its based on real flights between the two airports.Cheers

Guest MikeS

I guess it's not the parking then, hugh. Maybe you didn't spread the A/D times out far enough? Another thing to try is letting the compiler calculate the arrival times (,,)...Mikewww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

This is what I got in TTools after taking out the %AC#1020,F-GRZC,10%,WEEK,IFR,0/09:19:52,0/11:09:24,280,F,5851,EGNT,0/11:58:36,0/13:48:08,290,F,5852,LFPG

CorrectionThis is what I got in TTools after taking out the @

Guest Bob Z

Just a guess, but the departure time of 0/09:19:52 is before the arrival time of 0/13:48:08 on the same day. Because the flight plan legs wrap around it is probably confusing ttools.Try making it a 24hr flight plan instead of week. If you do this remove the 0/'s.An alternative would be to keep it as week but add another leg or two for another day.

This is an interesting one. I tried an A340 and it worked fine. I then tried a BAE 146 and got exactly the same as you, starting at 09:20, nothing happened until at about 11:00 it appeared at the gate.Have you tried a different aircraft?George

Guest retxed1

Thanks for your replies. I'm beginning to think that the problem lies with the aircraft. I see George's test worked okay with an A340, I wonder if he could try the 146 with the same cruise speed as the A340 and see if the 146 performs differently.I read some info on a tool for adding @'s automatically to flight plans which advised reducing all aircrafts cruise speeds to 200. I did that, it had some success, the aircraft at least arrived and landed but not untill 11:20hrs.I've had additional legs on the flight plan but it made no difference.It will be interesting to see if George can come back with anything.I'm sorry for delayed replies but I've just returned home from an exhausting night shift and fatique is setting in.Cheers.

I couldn't get that particular 146 to land correctly so I used a PAI JS-31:AC#4017,200,"PAI JS31 EZE"AC#4017,F-GRZC,10%,WEEK,IFR,0/09:00:00,@0/11:06:55,280,F,5851,EGNT,0/11:58:36,@0/13:24:44,290,F,5852,LFPGThe results are shown below:286yc.jpg323po.jpg366ee.jpg395fn.jpgThanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting