Sign in to follow this  
Guest phlerp

AI not landing on runway

Guest phlerp

I have a very strange problem that I haven't been able to find any solution to. I have replaced an existing airport with my own version as the original was only a landningstrip and I wanted to add all the taxiways. Everything seems correct and I've used the fault finder tool in AFCAD. All taxiways seems connected and I have a number of parking areas of the right size and type. Still I can't get any AI routes from this airport. They just dissapear if I add them.Even more strange is that an AI flight I made from another airport to this one, flies just as it should all the way up to the approach. Then it makes a touch and go a hundred meters west of the runway (in the middle of the air in a slope btw) and in a slightly different heading than the real runway. After this it returns in the direction of the airport it started from but just keep on going after it has passed it. What am I doing wrong?

Guest phlerp

I tried setting the AI flight to IFR and now it lands correctly. However it now disapears when it has come to a complete stop. I guess it indicates lack of parking areas... but that shouldn't really be so. Further I'd really like to have my flights on VFR since that allow a much lower altitude. Is there any way of making the aircraft understand where the runway really is?

Hi,You have to make sure that the runway has the black runway taxi lines down the center in AFCAD, correctly named. You also have to make sure that there is no high terrain in front of the runway, or the aircraft will try to avoid it and then miss the runway.If the planes disappear when slowing down, they have no allowable parking place to go to. Make sure that the radius of the aircraft is not larger than the radius of the parking spots.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest phlerp

>Hi,>>You have to make sure that the runway has the black runway>taxi lines down the center in AFCAD, correctly named. Check>You also have to make sure that there is no high terrain in front>of the runway, or the aircraft will try to avoid it and then>miss the runway.Check ... fairly flat ground>If the planes disappear when slowing down, they have no>allowable parking place to go to. Make sure that the radius>of the aircraft is not larger than the radius of the parking>spots.Well... here I get some strange results. The plane I have should be able to use both MIL_COMBAT and RAMP.... when I added a largely oversized RAMP it actually worked. It should work with the MIL_COMBAT I added before, but it doesn't. I guess I just need to experiment some more with that... HOwever I still haven't been able to solve the VFR problem where it lands on a runway that don't exist.

Guest MikeS

"when I added a largely oversized RAMP it actually worked"That would tell me that the radius of the parking space for your a/c is too small. Check the a/c radius within AFCAD. Tools>aircraft editor.Mikewww.aimadeeasy.comwww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

Guest phlerp

>That would tell me that the radius of the parking space for>your a/c is too small. Check the a/c radius within AFCAD. >Tools>aircraft editor.That is the strange thing. My parking spaces was 20 meters, and the aircraft needs 16 meters... so they should actually fit.

Guest MikeS

I wish I had a dollar for every strange, unexplainable thing I've seen since I started with this addicting AI thing! lol It sure can be frustrating at times. Especially afcad.Mikewww.aimadeeasy.comwww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

Guest phlerp

I'll have to continue to bang my head against the wall until I solve it :) Thank you for the help.