Sign in to follow this  
aitrafficgroup

AI Time Issue

Hi guys,I'm flying along now, 1920Z, from Glasgow to Heathrow...just passed over Manchester and heard the morning SIA flight being cleared for the approach...also at Heathrow I've noticed often in the afternoons the traffic that should be arriving at say 0500 in the morning (heavies from HKG, SIN etc) sometimes randomly turn up all at once in the afternoon...is there any explination for this at all?As far as I'm aware the plans have the @ in the text string...it just seems weird that this happens, and the thing is that it happens say 1/5 times i load the AI? Henry

Upcoming FlightsSoonLHR-CDG A320SCDG-LHR A320S

http://www.airline-images.co.uk

FS has some timing issues - especially with flights which cross day / midnight.Also FS is prone to "stuck" flights which get recorded in some of the temporary cache files and never get cleared out. They keep appearing all over the world at the wrong times.One help is to clear the temporary scenery.dat files from your FS folders.FS is really good about adding new things, and really bad about pulling out old things. Those files can cause a lot of issues if they are not cleaned out regularly.You can safely delete them - the scenery.dat files - but do not delete any other .DAT file in the FS folders.

The scenery.dat is the scenery index which FS builds / checks when it starts.You can open the scenery.dat file with notepad - you cannot see all the code but one of the things you will see is a list of all the scenery files within the folder.You may also see scenery files which have been deleted from the folder, but FS has not deleted them from the scenery.dat.I've found that when this happens - the some of the data in the original scenery file - which I deleted - is still present in FS - flight plans, AFCAD's, even scenery. It must be cached somewhere in a file which FS has failed to clean out.I actually have a weekly automated job setup to delete all the scenery.dat files.Again one warning - do not delete any other .DAT file in your FS folders.