Sign in to follow this  
JLedford

Early scenery Eastern airlines

Guest Frank Betts

Just about finished with my airport from the early times.

As a former Eastern employee, I can't wait to get this on my computer. Thans Frank.MikeKOCF

Guest Frank Betts

Hey Mike, Thanks for the compliment there sir. I have to do a little more building making and should be ready to cut it loose. This is a 'very ' loose rendition of an airline operation Frank.

Frank,Didn't Eastern have a polished unpainted surface with a red or orange Eastern Logo and some lines, maybe some Black lines as well?My first flight was in an Eastern Silver Falcon in the 1950's in a Demo flight over Orlando, FL from KORL.

>Frank, >>Didn't Eastern have a polished unpainted surface with a red >or orange Eastern Logo and some lines, maybe some Black >lines as well? >>My first flight was in an Eastern Silver Falcon in the >1950's in a Demo flight over Orlando, FL from KORL. Eastern had a few different schemes in the earlier days. The one that come to mind are the falcon scheme seen on the DC-3's, followed later by the scheme represented in Frank's screenshot (White with 2 shades of blue stripes) followed later in the 70's by the polished fuselage with blue stripes. There were variations of these with different placements and styles of the stylized falcon logo. Also the A300's that Eastern (US launch customer) flew were painted grey rather than bare metal. The 757's (Again, launch customer) carried the 757 name on the tail (until the last year or so before the shutdown, when they went to a grey tail with the stripes). Sorry for the rambling post, but this thread was getting me a bity misty and into the mood to reminsce a bit.MikeKOCF

I have some pictures of Eastern Golden Falcon livery, yet these were jets, if my memory isn't totaly gone both the DC-8s and B721s were painted in the Golden Falcon livery.Those DC-7s in the hockey stick livery look funny to me. Not to say they never wore such livery, yet I just can't remember any pictures of them in that particular livery.Regards,Jay

Guest Frank Betts

Thanks Mike for answering that . I am at the mercy of Fs98 Aircraft as far as what to use in my scenery's. I am not a painter and the program I use to change these aircraft into Macros is really picky about what works and what does not,so what ever I get I run with it Argh!Frank B^)