Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominique

Obstructed runway at one end

Guest Dominique

Is there a way to have A/C departing one way (say 14) and landing the other way (say 32) ? I've closed 14 to landing and 32 to taking off but that doesnt seem (understatement) to work. They do take off on 14 but tower still directs them to land there too. thanksDominique

Hi,I have heard if you close one end of a runway (completely) AND remove it's Start Location in ACAD, ATC will not use that end of the runway at all, but I've never tried it.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I call what you are describing a "Head to Head" runway and I know of no way to implement it in FS2004.I've observed Microsoft's implementation of the single ended runway in operation. I've removed start locations and created single ended runways.If anyone wants to try the setup - bring up the default EDDF in AFCAD and copy the way Rwy 26L/8R is setup exactly.But as far as all the testing I've done - if an aircraft will takeoff on Rwy 14, then aircraft will be directed to land on Rwy 14, not Rwy 32.My guess is that the Head to Head configuration voilates some primary rule in the runway assignment logic.And that's a real pain at some airports - KASE for one.

Guest Dominique

>My guess is that the Head to Head configuration voilates some>primary rule in the runway assignment logic.>> that's the conclusion I came to as well... Pity for some mountain airports in the wild.thank you both of you.