Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

Aircraft not appearing.

Hi All, I need your help on that matter. I spent two nights without finding any workaround on this. The problem is that some - not all - AI aircraft do not appear even though FS sees them. After in depth "investigation" I found out that there must be a problem with TTools 2.02 I got. Something, maybe Zone Alarm firewall or something else, may have corrupted it, but I am not positive on that. I mean that TTools has all required info to create traffic.bgl files but the result is that some files have no effect on FS. I reinstalled model, air, & aircraft.cfg files of the aircraft involved, but no good. As far as I recall, I did add nothing else but that firewall, which I now uninstalled. Note that the same problematic aircraft do show in UT AI traffic, they just don't show in other traffic.bgls they belong to. All those aircraft are Aardvark and FS9 updated. I look forward to hearing from you.Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Guest MikeS

You make no mention of ensuring the proper type/size parking with AFCAD. I assume you've checked this alresdy??? It's not likely that Zone Alarm corrupted TT's.Mikewww.aimadeeasy.comwww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

Hi Mike,Yes, I am positive about no AFCAD issues. Take into account that a week ago everything was working properly. All TTools required info is more than doublechecked, I compile , but aircraft do not appear in FS airports, even though FS a/c menu sees them. On the other hand,Ultimate Traffic has no problem with those AIA 733s, 734s & 744s.Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

I'd go back and check some basics.Do the title= lines in the aircraft.cfg fltsim.x sections exactly match the entry in the aircraft.txt between the quote marks - spaces and capitalization are critical in this match?Does the flightplan have fixed arrival times?Are you using the Traffic Tool Box SDK Explorer feature to look for the aircraft?From your statements - I'd guess that you have recently recompiled some traffic files - are those the only ones with missing aircraft?Is this occuring at one airport - or do these aircraft / flight plans not show up at all airports on their schedule?

Hi Reggie,Here are my answers :Do the title= lines in the aircraft.cfg fltsim.x sections exactly match the entry in the aircraft.txt between the quote marks - spaces and capitalization are critical in this match?RE : Yes of course - double checked.Does the flightplan have fixed arrival times?RE : Yes, as always.Are you using the Traffic Tool Box SDK Explorer feature to look for the aircraft?RE : I have ACA2005 by Peter van der Veen.From your statements - I'd guess that you have recently recompiled some traffic files - are those the only ones with missing aircraft?RE : No, I have Ultimate Traffic and numerous other traffic.bgls.Is this occuring at one airport - or do these aircraft / flight plans not show up at all airports on their schedule?RE : They do not show up where and when they are meant to be.That's why I called for assistance, because I find the whole thing very weird.Thanks for replying.Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Guest MikeS

"Hi Mike,Yes, I am positive about no AFCAD issues. Take into accountthat a week ago everything was working properly."As Reggie says, I'd get back to basics.Not being a smart #### here, but the question that begs to be asked here is what changes have you made in the last week? Mike www.aimadeeasy.comwww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

"Does the flightplan have fixed arrival times?RE : Yes, as always."I'm assuming that your aircraft did appear previously.One potential issue with fixed arrival times is some aircraft are not initialized in the air - but on the ground at a gate at the arrival time. On my main system only the PAI A340-300 (v1) does this - and I have to set the aircraft cruise speed in the aircraft.txt file to 277 kts. The very same traffic and aircraft files have slightly different effects on three other computers which I have which can run FS (2 laptops and an older desktop).It is extremely frustrating.The Ultimate Traffic flight plans have aircraft.txt cruise speeds adjusted down in my experience.One reason that I recommend the Traffic Tool Box SDK Explorer tool is that it shows you exactly which aircraft are active in FS, which traffic file they aircraft flight plan is located within, and several other key parameters. No other tool provides all of this diagnostic information.ACA is a very, very good tool which I use for checking schedules - but it does not provide the information from within FS while running as does the Traffic Tool Box Explorer.

I installed two programs at the time : Zone Alarm Firewall and Ultimate Traffic sprin-summer 06 update.Sotiris

Sotiris Stavrakis

Hi Mike and ReggieIt looks that all previously missing A/C are back to work now. At first, I reinstalled ttools 2.02, but nothing changed. Then, I thought that it could solve the problem if I reinstalled all missing A/C textures and that's all. For some unknown reason or event (still suspect Zone Alarm), it appears that those textures were corrupted. I recompiled with ttols, having first copied and pasted A/C title. Sometimes, the best solution is the simplest one. Anyway, we may never know how UT could use those corrupted textures. I have to admit that without ACA2005's help, I might be still searching, for I did not know whether there were any other A/C with that problem. I also thank you for your willingness to help me.Sotiris.P.S. I looked in avsim for that SDK explorer, but no hits.

Sotiris Stavrakis