Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

My flights will never be the same!!! Ever!

Looking at a few of the posts in the forums lately. I have noticed a number of persons very pleased with some of the add-ons (freeware and payware). And I just wanted to put my 2 cents in.Usually I would not mess with my scenery, or "add-on" anything other than a new aircraft, and maybe an airport or two. BUT!! Tonight I went all out!! I added the water effects By Ed Truthan (oceanfx.zip & oceantx.zip), AWESOME!!! The water has taken on a new life especially where I live in Nassau, Bahamas. The water is exactly as it is on the shoreline and out further.Then I added the mstrees2.zip by Gerrish Grey, all I can say is WOW!! Then, yes there is more, I added the autogen tool called AUTOGENIUS I found on an Italian site I believe. It created the most realistic surroundings I have seen to date. Everything is now placed as it should be!!Now I feel more open to "add-on" more of the TOP NOTCH freeware sceneries and tools than I have been. THANK YOU to the entire community for those who built these GEMS, and to those who use the GEMS, and spur those excellent creators to do even more wonderful things to make our virtual experience, more and more enjoyable!!Once again thanks!!!!Later,Jay

I know what you mean. ;) I just found out about Autogenius a couple of days ago, along with FSMaintenance. I've installed about three new add-ons for my computer in the last couple of days also. The only problem is, it'll be another day or so before I get to try 'em out. I might try to sneak on the computer for an hour or two when I get off here in a few hours. It's my Friday, so I just might pop me a beer also. Cheers! :-beerchughttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...25d5a9d6a23.gif

>I added the water >effects By Ed Truthan (oceanfx.zip & oceantx.zip), >AWESOME!!! The water has taken on a new life especially >where I live in Nassau, Bahamas. The water is exactly as it >is on the shoreline and out Thanks for this tip. Just installed it. Very nice improvement on the water texture that I thought could not be further improved. What's important this particular water add on does preserve the depth-shading (which, in my opinion, is the key for 'proper' water effects) as mapped by FS2002. Michael J.

Hi All,Yeah, anyway you look at it, we are involved in a great hobby. Lots of great freeware as well as payware. With a little patiences one learns how to install these great add-ons and a even more wonderful flying enviroment comes alive. I find " flight simmers " are a great bunch of people and I am glad to be part of it all. I seem not to be able to get enough of this hobby, I mean last year I my wife took the kids on a two week vacation in Madaria to get away from the cold winters here in Stockholm. I could not get off work so I stayed home. That was great for me...as my wife said: now you can be in " Flight Sim Heaven "...she was sooooo right. Every day I came home from work, on went to computer and off to " flight Sim World "...yes I was in heaven for those two weeks. I for one just can not get enough of this hobby.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Did you install the "Front End" program that was written to make it is easy to switch the textures in and out for the ocean FX and TX?Ummm, I think the name is, ofx10sa.zip. Oh yeah there was a file that came out a while ago, new_envo.zip. That improves the water reflections and the look of the sun you might wanna try that!! Also remember to backup the files the readme files in these programs say to.Later,Jay

Another very useful add-on if you fly online is fschatscroll16.zip. If you've ever used the FS2002 online chat box then you know the problem. This fixes it. David

Sweet!!! I'll get that one!!Later,Jay

Jay,I did install the front end program.But I can't seem to see any animation. And I also see absolutely no difference between different wave sets - they all look identical to me. Should I have water-effects enabled in FS2002 ? Any clues ?Michael J.

Yes!! Enable Detail on the water. Also when you set the wind do it manually. Make it at least moderate in the wind settings.Did you copy the wave sets to the program installation directory?Then go into FS2002 and fly your Cessna 172 close to the water. Try flying around the Bahamas mainly Nassau.Later,Jay

Guest BMarcoux

Anyone know the site for AutoGenius? Thanks

Still no dice. I set water effects at max, detail effects at max - I see absolutely no animation.Michael J.

Chris,It took me a few hours but I just found out - I need detailed terrain textures enabled for water animation to work. Too bad readme files do not mention this. I never had detailed textures enabled because in my opinion the benefit is marginal for heavy performance hit. At least with water I see no performance problem.Michael J.

Hi Michael, Ok also, the multi-texturing reduce performance, check the difference enabled/desabled.The multi-texturing on : enable the water animation (if detailed enabled for water), all reflection texture for aircraft, and improve the generic texture terrain from the ground like grass below 1000 feet etc..ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Is there any other scenery, texture enhancement that you have found that really makes flying more enjoyable?ANyone done landclass for the Bahamas, or carribean in general, as you can see by my sig I am biased!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg