Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob Z

Strange behaviour AI

Guest Jos

Hi,I addapted my Afcad2-file for FS9 to the new situation of my airport and locked one runway end because this is more realistic.I observed the take-off of two aircraft: one Boeing followed by a Piper Cherokee. The Boeing did his job, but the Cherokee didn't and stayed a long time at the start location until it disappeared (time out).What could be the reason of this behaviour ? Should I give this Piper more time ?Greetz. Jos

>Hi, Yellow.>and stayed a long time at the start location until it>disappeared (time out).>What could be the reason of this behaviour ? Check if your "waiting line" or *start location*is close enough to the runway. Blue skies.

Guest MikeS

Also, I could be mistaken here, it's been a while, but I seem to remember seeing something on another forum about closing one end of a RW not working in AFCAD. Try closing both ends of the RW and see if that helps.Mikewww.aimadeeasy.comwww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

Guest Jos

Hi,I noticed that the node on the runway that connects the node on the taxiway was not at the same location of the start location. So I moved the node towards the start location. Hope this helps.Have meanwhile another problem. While observing landing the Piper, this plane took an exit and faced another plane taxing to the runway for take-off. This exit should not be available for landed aircraft. I think it's better I draw a taxiline along the runway-line to the start location. It concerns a short track on EBOS airport.Greetz. Jos

Guest Bob Z

JoseAs stated, closing one end has no effect.The start location is where FS9 places the user aircraft when you select 'Go to Airport' but it has nothing to do with AI.Nose to noses while taxiing do happen occasionally.If one ai took off OK and the next didn't perhaps there was one or more ai which had landing clearance at the time. Landings take precedence over departures.Install Traffic Toolbox SDK if you haven't already and use this to see what the ai situation in the vicinity is when modifying Afcads.