Sign in to follow this  
rpm

Too may AI planes in parking

Guest mjscores

I was playing around with creating some AI plans. Everything seems to be fine, however if I go to an airport, there are way too many AI planes on the ground. One particular issue is planes are sitting on the ground that aren't scheduled to depart for several hours, or are daily flights that are displaying on the wrong day - e.g. a flight that departs W, Th, and F, is showing up on saturday and jsut sits there taking up parking.Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on the matter.

In real life, seems like aircraft do not sit long if they are in service; so if it were me I would want to find out where these "sitting" aircraft fly on off days.In real life they don't often sit long. For example, Northwest Airlines flies an A319 from Memphis to Little Rock every couple of days. The A319 even overnights at Little Rock often (sits at KLIT overnight)...but then the next morning, it flies back to Memphis and then departs for Toronto, Canada, and all over...eventually coming back to Little Rock to sit for the night.A sitting aircraft is an aircraft not making money, so generally they don't sit them long unless they are in for maintenance...at least that has been my observation of the way most airlines work.Keep in mind that when you first load FS, you will see a lot of your AI on the ground. This is normal. Expect a lot of activity in the first 5-10 minutes as planes scheduled to depart anywhere close to your present sim time, begin pushing back and taxiing out.Now, if your plans schedule aircraft to sit and sit for days at your airport, then yes this is going to clog things up...and is not generally very realistic. Aircraft that need to sit for days, are often moved to other tarmacs, or to a maintenance hangar. In FS you cannot really simulate this, other than to fly the aircraft out of there in the interim, or set up enough extra parking to handle it.You need to determine if the aircraft in question that departs W, th, f, is not going somewhere else on monday or sunday, or whenever. Is it truly sitting there for days, or is it going to another destination.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi,I'll just expound a bit on Rhett's comments.When you create an AI flight plan, that plane now exists for 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. No matter that it flies once a week - it's going to sit around the airport the other 6 days.You need to make each plane with a flight plan do something all 7 days. If it's a daily flight, then make it a 24 hour plan. Even better, make it fly several flights during each 24 hour period (almost all airliners do). Even better, create a WEEK plan and have it fly many legs to various locations, arriving back at the original airport in time for its first flight the next week.If this is a GA aircraft you only want to fly about once a week, then you must reduce the number of flight plans to about the number of parking spots at that airport - because they are all going to sit around the other 6 days of the week.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest mjscores

Thanks for your responses. For some reason I was under the impression that the AI plane would only show up just prior to the flight commencing. I'll go back an look at my plans and rearrange the schedules.Thanks

Just be thankful you don't have to schedule the crews along with the aircraft. Ask JetBlue about that!scott s..

I'm expieriencing this same problem at LEMD. Specifically, I have a couple of TWA flights from LEMD to LIRF that are sitting on the TARMAC at LEMD on Sundays. These flights don't even operate on Sundays.I've checked the flightplans in AITM,and this is not the result of long layover times. I've tried different AFCADS for both LEMD and LIRF, with the same results. I can't figure this one out.RPM.

Actually Tom they should of been somewhere else on Sundays. I'm at work now so I can't remember exactly where. I wound up fixing this problem (as you advised in another post) by adjusting the aircraft cruise speeds in the Aircraft.txt and CFG files, so that their arrival times more closely correspond to the times designated in my flightplans with the @ symbol. Thanks.RPM.