Sign in to follow this  
Jure

Errors in flight plans

Hi all,I've been using Ultimate traffic for a long time, have modified it extensively, but now I am thinking of building my AI traffic from scratch. Flight plans from a well known group have many errors in them. AITM reports Departure before arrival, wrong flight levels, min or max turn around time and most of all, too many legs in a weekly flight plan. How do these errors affect AI behaviour? For example, how will an AI behave, if it's weekly plan begins on a sunday at 05:00UT and ends on next sunday at 8:00 or even on next monday or tuesday? How to correct that if it needs to be corrected, because the quantity is huge? Does this need to be corrected in the first place? I've been scouring different forums for quite some time but couldn't find an answer to this. Last but not least what should I, in fact, do? As I said, I have UT, almost all models replaced, many repaints added, no errors anywhere. Does it have any sense to start from scratch at all? I mean, I stumbled at the very beginning, just looking at flightplans for major airlines.... Thanks in advance for any suggestion/help/advice. :)EDIT: I am comfortable working with TTools, AFCAD, AITM and such. Regards,Jure

Hi,In my experience the flight will not appear at all if it exceeds the time interval. Also, at somewhere around 100 legs the flight will also disappear. So yes, you would have a big job ahead of you. Things like wrong flight levels will not affect the flight's appearing or not.Keep in mind that if the number of "bad" plans is relatively low *compared to the total*, you will probably never notice they are missing. Almost all traffic files have had some flights deleted, when they don't fit into the compiler's algorithm. Otherwise you would have "orphan" aircraft sitting around the airports for long periods of time (i.e. only flying once or twice a week).Your other choice is to look for other, higher quality flight plans.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Tom,thank you very much for your answer. :)True, if only that particular flight, which exceeds the time interval won't appear, it is not so bad. I did some testing yesterday and some flights failed to appear on the first attempt, while they showed up on the second run. Just a few never bothered to show up. One more question, if I may: How does the minimum turn around time affect flights? I read that if the interval is too short, the said aircraft will appear at the gate instead of landing normally. What is the practical minimum turn around time? 45 minutes seems a bit excessive and even the vast majority of UT schedules do not conform to this. Thanks again!Regards,Jure