Sign in to follow this  
Mace

AI Traffic for FSX

Guest captaingrice

Hi fellas,Apologies if this has been covered before. Basically I've just upgraded to FSX, and I'm wanting to use my AI flightplans from FS9. I've transferred my AI Aircraft to the FSX aircraft folder. I also have saved my Aircraft, Airport and Flightplan.txt TTOOLS files. Is there anyway I can get these working in FSX?

Most of them will work in FSX, with these caveats:1. Some AI aircraft will turn black when viewed from a distance. Place the AI aircraft folders into FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes.2. If you load in your FS9 traffic files, they will inactivate the FSX formatted traffic files. There are utilities now available so you can convert your FS9 traffic files to FSX format if desired.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest captaingrice

Hi, Thanks Tom. I'm having a bit of trouble setting up TTOOLS for FSX. When I open TTOOLS, there are no flightplan, aircraft and airport.txt files. It asks me to locate MS flightsimulator, but when I do, I get at error:"ERROR: Unable to read from file C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSceneryWorldScenerytrafficAircraft.bgl"Is there a guide published on setting up TTOOLS for FSX? If not, would you be willing to just give me a quick brief as how to do it please?

Hi,You cannot use TTools to edit FSX formatted traffic files. It won't work. You will need to use one of the new utilities for that instead.I don't use FSX so I don't know the exact names of them. But you can check over at www.fsdeveloper.com - they should know.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest captaingrice

Tom, Many thanks mate, I'll head over to fsdeveloper and have a look.

>Hi fellas,>>Apologies if this has been covered before. Basically I've just>upgraded to FSX, and I'm wanting to use my AI flightplans from>FS9. I've transferred my AI Aircraft to the FSX aircraft>folder. >>I also have saved my Aircraft, Airport and Flightplan.txt>TTOOLS files. >>Is there anyway I can get these working in FSX? Just a note here on some possible "housekeeping" items thatare available in FSX.You can place your addon aircraft or AI aircraft in their owndirectories to keep them seperate from the FSX default.All you need to do to make FSX happy is point to the new directoriesin the fsx.CFG file. As an example, here is the relevant section from mine:[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoats//SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsMiscSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsAircraftSimObjectPaths.6=D:FSX AI AircraftNote that I have addded the folders "Aircraft" ( my FS9 imports )and "FSX AI Aircraft" ( all my AI planes ) and commented out the "Animals" entry ( I have no needdesire for these ).As to the traffic BGL's created with TTools, you should run themthrough a conversion program to transform them to "FSX format".If you fail to do this you will lose your default FSX AI aircraftas well as ship traffic.There are a couple of utilities to do the conversion so justsearch the library here.The one I prefer is available here:http://lc0277.nerim.net/bglfpfsxconvert02.zipOnce converted, the default AI traffic and your importedAI traffic will co-exist just fine. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

>Most of them will work in FSX, with these caveats:>>1. Some AI aircraft will turn black when viewed from a>distance. Place the AI aircraft folders into>FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes.>Tom, I have noticed with FSX SP2 and my hardware that distant AI aircraft are no longer turning black. They are turning gray, which blends MUCH, MUCH better with the background. It's not even noticeable anymore.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB