Sign in to follow this  
roymar

Traffic at TNCM question

Guest visualchaosfx

What can I do to get a little more traffic at that airport? I am using Ultimate Traffic 2004. I've been told that If I visit the airport at a certain time, there will be some AI traffic there. I'd like to have traffic there anytime I visit the airport. I'm also using Flytampa's TNCM scenery. I've fiddled around with TTools before. I was able to divert all AI traffic that normally lands at VHHH to 8Dragons Kai Tak scenery. Would I essentially do the same process? Pick a international airport that I never fly out of and divert them to TNCM?

That is certainly one choice. The other would be to *add* flight plans that travel from TNCM to other airports. This may overload these other airports unless they too are underpopulated for your tastes.I would find 1-3 other airports that don't have enough traffic for you and add extra flights from TNCM to these other airports.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

In reality, TNCM doesn't have a lot of airliner traffic, but there is a moderate amount of inter-island air travel. There are also lots of tour planes that transport tourists to nearby islands. What I did to replicate reality is create flightplans between TNCM and several other Caribbean islands using repaints of small aircraft. This made TNCM more like the real thing.

It would appear you have not downloaded or installed Thomas Molitor's great program "AI Traffic Mover v2.0" which will,among other great features,give you for your current setup a complete arrival and departure schedule for any airport you specify.You can then set your flightsim say 5 minutes ahead of the "busiest" time and watch the traffic.The program also confirms or show missing any aircraft called for in your AI flightplans that are not properly configured in your "Aircraft" folder.TNCM is only busy at certain times and this useful program will tell you this.Roy