Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

Everyone...get rid of your mipmaps!

Guest GabrielR

is the first pic with mipmaps enabled?looks like it, anyway I think that the mipmaps allow my processor and my graphic card to render a less quality graphic when is not near me, and when is not needed, and that keeps my frame rates higher, why should I get rid of them?

You can make other adjusments to get the visual clarity of aircraft paint job's & the benefits of mip-mapping as well! The downside of no mip-mapping is "swimming/flickering" background textures.When my CPU was new about six months ago, I went through the same setting changes. Noticed that my "blurred" default Baron, became very focused with map-mapping OFF. Later, I found that changing the Geforce3Ti500 video card's Direct 3D settings from "best performance" to "best graphics" would do the same thing, but I could also retain mip-mapping. Later, using NVmax........ I do the same thing with even more control. L.AdamsonAthlon 1900XPGeforce3Ti500512DDRram

at least I hope..........with this highly compressed pic!L.Adamson

Here's my pic with mipmap on and it looks good too! better than having mip map off.Over Vancouver

Comparing screenshots like this can be missleading because while disabling mipmapping will give a crisper image it also causes pixel shimmering, which can't be seen in a still image. David

Holy crap, Adamson! Where did you get that plane? She's beautiful!

Guest georgi55

>Comparing screenshots like this can be missleading because >while disabling mipmapping will give a crisper image it also >causes pixel shimmering, which can't be seen in a still >image. >>David You are right David. And, no one can convince me to turn it off. Please allow me to post big screenshots.On:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ce8218307e1471e.jpgOff:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ce82191080edc3b.jpg

Georgi,I agree my graphics with mip mapping off look exactly the same as you second pic absolutely crappy lol. I mean sure you may get a better looking aircraft but whats the point if everything else looks crappy. Id never turn it off its a "loose loose" situation. You turn it off the quality goes down (way down) and the performance also goes down.Andrew