Sign in to follow this  

GPS and Radar how does it work in the Hawker 800 ?

Hallo folksAfter simming with the Navajo succesfully, I am trying to fly the Hawker800.There are two things ( and probably more )I can`t figure out. I can`t use the radar/map function and radr/VP function.Turning the switch at the left side-panel has`nt any effect.Even with the switch in the OFF position the radarscreen stays alive. How can I use GPS funtions.Should they be available at the Universal Flight Management System?If yes. how does it work.Is there a special Handbook for the functions above.GreetzLeen de JagerThe Netherlands

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Roy

I'm not too sure about this, but I don't think that functionality is modelled. Back in Fly!2K it was not, but you could find a small file that someone made, to fix it.Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

Hi LeenIn the directory "FLY!2/howto" you should find a tutorial for the GPS. It's very detailed. It's also in .pdf format so you need Acrobat Reader. If you don't have Acrobat Reader you can find it on your FLY!2 CD.Be aware that there are some small bugs in the GPS that will make working with the GPS fustrating.As far as I know, the Radar in the Hawker does not work properly.I'm hoping that RIch and the Beta team can fix the GPS and the radar.Take careMike

Hi Mike , thanks for your reaction.I am familiar with the working of the GPS and I know the GPS handbookin the Howto-map.It is the same PDF-file as in Fly2K.My problem is, to find the GPS ( the screen,knobs and buttons ) in theHawker-cockpit.So my problem is not, how to use GPS,but what`s the way to use GPS in the Hawker.Regards Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Oh, oops!The hawker does not have a GPS. It does have an FMS on the lower panel. The FMS is not fully functional but I think it functions enough to follow a course like with the GPS. I have no idea how to use the FMS. There is some basic FMS info at http://www.rihiveli-island.com/flyguide/hawker.html in the downloads section.I might have some kind of tutorial on a CD somewhere. I will look for it and if I find it I will let you know here.Take careMike

Hallo and thanks again MikeYes,this is what I was looking for.It confirms things I already assumed about this plane.The radar does`nt work properly and the FMS has onlya few functions.The info you pointed me to,directs to the same functions I already found.Now I am sure about the fact,that I was looking for things who were`nt there.It is a pitty, this plane has`nt better navigation options.I prefer a more simple aircraft with everything working than a planewith (half) dead instruments.Anyhow the Hawker is a beauty.Met de vriendelijke groeten (with kind regards)Leen de Jagerp.s.Question: I love Fly2 but I can`t let Fly2K go. Am I BISIMUAL , straight or a bigasimmer ????

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

I agree with you. It would be perfect just have 1 or 2 planes with everything working correctly then to have 5 planes with bugs and less functionality. I am still very satisfied with FLY!2, the Hawker is my favourite and I still have fun with it even if things don't work.Take careP.S. You are BISIMUAL like me. Soon I will be TRISIMUAL :-lol Mike

Leen,The FMS will take the flight plan and couple it to the AP for full flight following - did you locate those procedures?

Randall Rocke

Hi RandallMike gave me a link to a page where I can find information aboutthe FMS.I did not have time to practice, but in time I`ll manage I think.Thanks & ByeLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,> I can`t use the radar/map function and radr/VP function. >Turning the switch at the left side-panel has`nt any effect. >Even with the switch in the OFF position the radarscreen >stays alive. if you are familiar with editing EPD and POD-Files, you can use Are Barstads MFD-Fix for Fly!(hawkmfd3.zip) with Fly!2. Adapting the gauge code will be done within 5 minutes. After that you will have a fully functional MFD. If you don't want to edit the files by yourself, drop me an e-mail.kind regardsGerhard

Hi Gerhard,could you please advice me, to adapt the code. I already got the download, but I have no idea, what to do with it.I know a bit about poding and the file manager that comes with Fly! II, but I really don't know the way to adapt those two donwloaded files within the zip archive. The way described in the read me file didn't work, perhaps that would be the way for Fly! only.I would appreciate any help to get started.Thanx a lotRegards :-wave

Guest Allan Jones

Leen,Here is what I do to get the AP-NAV function in the Hawker (Perrigrine) to track a filed flight plan:-File your plan in the standard Fly Fight Planner screen.-After engine start, look down and turn on the FMS displays. I put the NAV screen on the left and the FPL screen on the right.-Look forward again. On the upper crest of the panel, just left of center, there are two EFIS selector knobs with inner and outer rings. click (or cntrl-click) the OUTER ring of the left knob (should identify itself as BEARING SOURCE) until the code WPT1 appears on the bottom left side of the Navigational Display in front of you.-Move to the other outer ring (COURSE SOURCE) and click it until the code FMS1 appears on the center left of the of the Navigational Display (it will say WPT1 on the pop-up label by the cursor -- ignore this and look at the Nav Display).-Once airborne, clicking the NAV button on the AP should let the Hawker follow your filed plan.Works for me; I hope this helps.

Hi Gerhard,follow these steps to adapt the MFD code for Fly!II:- extract tri40.pnl to a temporary folder- open tri40.pnl with your favorite editor- search for "MFD"- replace the whole block with Are's code- save tri40.pnl into a subdirectory called "data" in the main fly!II folder- set "searchPodFilesFirst=0" in fly.iniThe MFD works like the one in Fly!, but the gauge bitmap remains unchanged.RegardsGerhard

Thanks Gerhard and Allan,At this moment I do not have the time to try the things you suggested me to do.( in future I will !!! )I am shopkeeper , selling bikes , and it is spring , so there is not as much time as I should like for my hobby.In time I`ll tell you the results.Thanks again.De hartelijke groeten ( kind regards )Leen de Jager:-beerchug

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Gerhard and Allan.I can hardly beleve it myself.Had a few moments in my coffeebreak.( a fairly long one , because its raining cats and dogs and the shopcan do a moment without me)So I recreated tr140.pnl and saved into DATA.It was`nt as complicated as I expected.And it WORKS !!!!Dankjewel ( Thanks )Leen de Jager:-jumpy

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints