Sign in to follow this  

GPS and Radar how does it work in the Hawker 800 ?

Hi Gerhard,since we got the same name, it feels like I write to myself ;-)Thank you very much for your advice. In the meantime Leen sent the file already to me and it's working perfectly.Should I see something with map mode? :-hmmmCheers and happy flying (hopefully very soon with the PMDG 757)

Hallo Gerhard>Should I see something with map mode? YESAproaching an airport you can se airports en beacons on the screen.This means that it is not always , a must , to see something.Weather -radar shows rain ( no clouds an other planes )VP- the distance to the ground.Map- the airports.GreetzLeen de JagerEHRD

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,sorry for not answering your email. Since one week I'm in trouble with our mail server and the firewall.Hopefully it will be done by tomorrow (Friday) and I will get a chance to answer your mail.In the meantime have fun (maybe with the brand new PMDG's 757 ;-))Regards

Good morning:I have been following this tread with much interest. I too have the same interest and question regarding the Hawker. I have searched the Forum for hawker3.zip as suggested, but had no luck in finding the file. Since Leen forwarded you a copy of the file, would it be too much to ask if you could pass the file on to me by email? My email address is j.henry@rdla.com. In fact, since your Hawker is now working perfectly, I would appriciate anything else that you did to make the Hawker such a pleasure to fly. In my opinion, The Hawker is one fine airplane. Thank you in advance for your help!! If you find that the above request is not possible, I would understand.Have a good day!!Curtis

Guest swathdiver

Hello, Where can I find this file? hawkmfd3.zip Can anyone send it to me? Thanks! swathdiver@yahoo.com

Goudemorgen Leen!(That's what time it is here) :-)Where in the world did you get this file? I have searched the standard file library and came up empty, as did others. This appears to be a significant fix. I have a lot of respect for Are's work, and this makes me wonder if his fix for the Hawker (at least the approach for the panel area that was broken) might not be applicable to repairing the radar systems of all of the Fly! II aircraft!? That would be significant!The original Fly!'s radar worked on precipitation, as long as the weather was not created with a metar. Is that also the case with Are's fix?Dankjewel!

Randall Rocke

Guest tonyc

I found it on Avsim as hawkmfd.zip. just use the search engine in the File section. You're right; this may be a major fix. Let me know if you find out before I do.tony

Thanks Tony. The difference in file names makes me wonder if Are actually sent people a 3rd generation version of this file or whether someone's just misspelled the filename?Anyway, looks like this subject deserves a message to Are.

Randall Rocke

Hi all:I have been following this thread with excitement until now. I am very interested in any fixes for the Hawker (Peregrine in Fly2) since it is one of my favorite aircraft for this sim.However the referenced file "Hawkmfd3.zip" dated 10/16/1999, developed by Are was a weather radar related fix for the Hawker in the original Fly! not Fly2. Similar work was done by Virgilio T. de Freitas for the Fly2 Peregrine in file "cockpitpostu1.zip" dated 6/9/2002 and was later incorporated and enhanced in file "AC_default_fix2.zip" dated 11/25/2002 by Roberto Vigetti.Both fixes modify the appropriate data*.pnl and art*.pbm files, hawker0.* for the Fly Hawker and Tri40.* for Fly2 Peregrine.Although I'm not as familar anymore with the original Hawker, I have yet to notice anything on the weather radar screen under "map" mode in the Peregrine. With "nav" mode turned on you get waypoints, navaids, etc. and with "WXA" mode on, you get a similar weather scope to the Pilot and CP navigation displays upon activating the weather radar pushbutton.If I'm missing something here, I would appreciate any comments.Stay healthy and keep flying (BTW - I just turned the five-o, and am sending in my AARP dues but don't tell anyone) ;-) Robert

Guest swathdiver

Thanks!Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!