Sign in to follow this  

I think I need to upgrade from my Ti200 to a Ti4600

According to Dells site you have a 845, so your fine..

DK,WZQKPICK.EXE ---- Loaded software..*popup.exe ---- Loaded software..*tbctray.exe ---- Loaded software..*CREATE~1.EXE ---- Loaded software..*Directcd.exe ---- Loaded software..*DelMMKb.exe ---- Loaded software..@retrorun.exe ---- Loaded software..*MDM.EXE ---- Loaded software..@Cisvc.exe ---- Loaded software..*ALG.exe ---- Loaded software..*Nhksrv.exe ---- Loaded software..*As far as I know the above "*" processes are not Microsoft, the "@" processes are probably Dell system apps and needed. The rest of the apps seem to be Norton Anitvirus. Directcd--Adaptec is really bad on some systems as far as cluttering up the data transfer depending on version, on other systems it has little effect. Unless you use any of the apps above on a more than regular basis I would either remove them or set them to not autoload on startup of windows.I would search for each file name and note the directory it is in and try to determine what the program is, an if it is neccessary to the system. Dell loads alot of bundled software, I know..just bought a Inspiron 2600 notebook..had to format the thing on delivery cause it was so full of junk! I now runs just fine...If you find you have trouble identifing any of them, post the details of location, file sizes, dates and other dll's or exe's

Hi!I have a Compaq Deskpro EN P4 1,7 gHz, 512 RAM with a GF3 Ti200 64 MB. The chipset is intel 845. Zoom level in sim is 2,67, max visibility is 45 (15 medium), not using detalied textures or antialias. It seem like I have a very similar system to dkohl's, and I am also getting fps in the low teens (one digit in dense areas).I have tried different render.inis, AGP aperture settings and nvidia drivers.Andre

It was a good try, but after removing almost all of the above programs from memory, I get exactly the rates from before. I do fine in, say, San Francisco. With default SF scenery, I get in the mid-teens on the ground and in the 20's for the first 10,000 or so feet. 30's thereafter. In NYC area using Scott's NYC, LGA and JFK, though, I still get terrible stutters and when turning on the ground (from taxiway to runway, for example), I am reduced to less than 4FPS. Approaches into LGA are below 10FPS.I've tried this, btw, with and without Anti-Aliasing. Very little difference.Any other suggestions?And BTW, Clinton - you've still not answered my question about cockpit when at 1600 x 1200: What do your panels look like? Do you get any panels when looking left or right? I tried 1600 x 1200 and although I did increase FPS, I got no panels except when looking directly forward, and then they were too small to read. Can you post a panel screenshot or two?-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia 64MB Ti200 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Have you tried this setting in your fly.ini:popBuildingsIntoView=1 (change "0" to a "1")I had the same kind of problem has you, then I tried this setting , and the "4 FPS" was gone. In case your wondering what this do; the building that are 20 miles are or more won't show until your within 20 miles, so this reduce the texture amount need for NYC scenery. You can change this setting popBuildingsTolerance= the your desired distance. (I have mine at 25 miles).Your thi help.Benoit Picard:-wave