Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Directions to assigned runway

After receiving clearance from ground control to taxi to your assigned runway, (when using ATC in Fly!2), ground control provides directions to the runway, (arrows along the taxiways) up to the assigned runway.I just installed C4TO this weekend and love using it, with one exception. Upon receiving clearance from ground control to proceed to your assigned runway, there are no direction on how to get there. Not all airports in fly!2 have runway signs. When using C4TO, is there a way to get to the correct runway? When you receive clearance for take off, you are directed to fly the runway heading. HOW DO YOU GET TO THE CORRECT RUNWAY WHEN USING THE FANTASTIC C4TO PPROGRAM?Curtis

What a fantastic idea! I wish I would hav thought of that. Thank you Johnny! Here's to ya!! :-beerchugCurtis :-wave

Curtis,When you try this, if the runway and taxiways don't appear as you zoom in...turn the Show Icons menu selection off and on - that should pop them into view and you'll be able to taxi.

Randall Rocke

Gentlemen:I tried to zoom in on the vector map as you suggested Johnny but could not reach the level of magnification you show in your reply! :-grr Is there a setting that I must change? :-hmmm If so, what and how? :-hmmm Thank you Randall for your suggestion. I'll let both of you know how I make out! After all, I wouldn't want to run into any traffic while trying to take off. :-lol Thank you both for your help!!Curtis :-scatter

Johnny:I can't seem to obtain that amount of magnification. Is there a setting that requires changing? If so, what is it and how is it done? Thank you!!Curtis

Hello JohnnyI have a little problem with my vector-map.Starting at a airport , and with my vectormap opened ,I see my own aircraft positioned on the little blue dot with the small white runways ( the airportsymbol) when the vectormap is maximal zoomed out.Zooming in on the vectormap, the plane (white sybol plane)leaves the airportsybol.In fact the aircraft is still on the airport but the vectormap shows it miles frome the airport.Slewing the white aircraft to the blue airport and zooming in to the max shows me just the blue dot but no yellow runways ant their numbers.Can you tell what is wrong.RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'day Leen, What you need to do is open the vector window and then click on the options tab in the top L/H corner of the vector window and make sure that "use icons" is NOT ticked. All will then be OK .... :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hello RogerThanks for the hint.I tried it and it works.Zooming out from the runways the runways disappear and whenI zoom in again I have to toggle once more.So I think this is a little bug ?When I use M (map) the plane-icon is not at the right place on the mapdo you also have this problem ?Thanks again.GreetzLeen de JagerEHRD

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'day Leen,Yes it is a bug. So long as you don't have "use icons" ticked then any selection of a command in Airport,Navigation or Option menu's will reselect the runways and taxiways. It's no big deal though as you can taxi to the runway before zooming right out.We don't have maps available for Aus so I don't use maps and can't help you there but there are a few bugs with some aspects of the maps.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Thanks!!By golly, this time it worked. Thanks again!Curtis