Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

Enhanced TerraScene Tutorial

Allo Pascalincroyable!! Je reste carr

Hello Max! Gruetzi!Vielen Dank!:-) I smiled when I read you post. In fact, I'm nearer than you think: Please look at my profile! (or land at LSGC and come drink something)Some Mac users here might tell you what's possible. I've read sometimes the Mac forum, but I don't know what can be done.When I finish the scenery, I'll be glad to burn a CD for you. (To others: No please, NOT for the US, and for those who don't know, Switzerland is not in Europe, in fact it's an island :-lol Hmmmmm, yet not so far from France!)Don't really need something in return. I would like to exchange some USGS files for TerraScene, but since we don't know if you can use TS...Best Regards!Pascal

Hi Todd!Yes, but maybe the fun comes later, when people start to use the documentation! :-)You know what? I've had some cool ideas when writing this tutorial. Give me two or three more m...weeks and I'll share this with you!Now, tell me, isn't the (real) world beautiful from bird's view (I ask you because I'm only a pedestrian)! :-)Best Regards!Pascal

Andy,Coming from you, those kind comments make me feel totally happy! Really, I'm very pleased that you like this, since you already raised the bar very very high.In fact I can still see a lot of visual issues in my scenery, but I can't see one in yours, so if we speak of being close to reality... Ok, let's not debate here about it.I've a better idea: let's start a run to see who's opinion is right on this subject. Here are the rules: each starts to design a scenery which is one (1) pixel width and 1,653,900,000 pixels long. The first who achieves this... looses, because he was not a true perfectionist. Hard rules, uuuh?!! :-lolBtw, please go on make us dream, we need this inspiration!Best Regards!PascalP.S: I posted in the screenshot forum, but I think the thing sunk quite fast! :-)

Thanks Lindy!In fact, I'm have some little idea on how to make those sceneries come back to a reasonable size. I just had to find a good guy who happens to be a programmer as well, and maybe... :-)Because I find very frustrating to distribute quarter tiles only (but that's possibly what I will do with this first scenery when it's ready). I like LARGE sceneries! (AVSIM surely likes large sceneries as well, doesn't he???) :-)Best Regards!Pascal

Hi Randall!My personal advice: put a lot of clouds (or the hood), and you can even fly IFR in my scenery! :-) :-lolBest regards!Pascal

Have you ever tried to do alaskan terrascene I've tried and tried and no luck maybe its me or maybe its the program but I sure would like to know which one! Sam

congatulations,great job Pascal,I was impatiently waiting for it for weeks,but kept controlling myself asking "when?","when?","come on","where are you" in the forum, cause I knew that writing down a tutorial or even a readme causes more pain in the neck than actually creating something.thanks for this important contribution to fly community.Biber

ooops, I did it again :-(

Simply awesome Paschal !Thank you so much for taking the time to publish this tutorial.You have really done some very unique work, which has opened up a whole new chapter in flight simulation.Todd's baby has never looked better !Thanks,Allen